actuator arm for 250R

pipebomb

Since I'm striking out on all my usual sources for honda parts I figured I try a long shot here since a few of ya have or had R's and might have something lying around yet. need an actuator arm for my R(the rod that goes down into the engine that the cable hooks to that turns to move the push rod for the clutch.), old one is toast. replaced the whole clutch assembly( new cable, new push rod w/ update kit, full Hinson assembly, new plates and springs, the whole 9 yards.) and the actuator rod has a big notch worn right out of it. I can get it from Service Honda but gonna take 2 weeks, let me know what you got. Thanks.

Sounds familiar, I'm going through the same thing. I had a buddy lay some welds on it and then had another buddy machine it so it should hopefully last until next weekend-I have one on the way from service honda also. Good luck with yours.

Check with McDonald Motorcycle Repair he will have what you are looking for. His number is 606-787-7560 ask for Tim, tell him Neal sent ya. They are located in Liberty, Kentucky.

519783[/snapback]

thanks for the info. ordered it from service honda this afternoon before I went to work anyway. maybe I'll luck out and thy will get some in sooner than expected. but for now I'll put the old man to work, and have him try to fix the old one. the original one isn't broken, just has a gouge worn into it that looks like someone notched it w/ a grinder.

I ordered mine last friday and it came today. The old one was worn where the rod gouged it out, but once it was filled in with weld and machined, it was working ok. I noticed with the new one, the notch for the rod wasn't nearly as worn side to side. Good luck on getting your new one quickly, mine wasn't supposed to be here until the middle of next week.