1st bad experience with RMATV

Wallrat

I purchased a Pro Circuit pipe and silencer off them the other day and just got the package yesterday. Frankly, I'm pretty disappointed. The silencer is fine, but the pipe (platinum 1 for CR250) is covered in small scratches and has a fairly decent dent just above the pro circuit nameplate. In addition, the insides are rusty as hell and there's even some light rust on the outside of the pipe.

PC is just down the road from my house so I was going to call them up first to see if I could just bring it in and exchange it for something that doesn't look like its been sitting in my yard for the past 6 months. Otherwise I'll have to send it back to RMATV and ask for a replacement. I'm sure RMATV will exchange it but now I'm a little leary and kinda want to see the pipe before I accept it.

Just kinda disappointed cuz I've been a loyal customer for the past few years and this is the first time I've gotten something this jacked up.

RMATV will take care of you. I have only had one problem with them and they gave me three different options of how they would fix it. They all seemed to good to be true so I was really happy with them.

The best part is they seem to ship everything the same day I order. Had some stuff show up Wednesday that I ordered Monday night. :cheers:

Oh I'm sure RMATV would take care of it. I've had to return stuff before and they were great. I'm just ticked that they'd send something in that condition in the first place!

Anyway now I'm paranoid about getting another pipe from them without seeing it first so I called up PC. They were super cool about it and send to bring it by and they'd gimme a new one. I'd actually prefer that since then I don't have to make the trip to UPS and I'd get to observe the quality prior to accepting the new one. Figure I'll try to make it there on Monday...

You have to remember who is working in the warehouse shipping orders. No offense to warehouse workers but most of them don't give a shit about sending junk out to you. They get paid the same either way.

Sounds like PC is a good company too. Word of mouth stuff is the best way they can promote their business.

You also have to remember that RMATV sends merchandise and gets hundreds of returns every year. If someone ordered pipes and then layed them around in the garage for a week or two, then called and told RMATV that they were not installed and had to send them back. RMATV is going to say sure if they weren't installed.

If the person that bought them packaged them up nice and purdy, then when RMATV got them back they may just assume that they were never opened and just restock them. I have ordered thousands of dollars of products from them for three different quads and never once had any problems. So has me dad and so has my brother. They will make it right if given the chance, but one bad experience out of thousands in a year doesn't make them a bad company to deal with.

Just my .02, :cheers:

I'm not saying they're bad, not in the least. I'll still order from them, I just kinda want to see the replacement pipe before I get it ya know? I've spent a few thousand dollars w/ RM so far, and this is the first time I got anything less than perfect. I was more surprised than anything.

• 4 weeks later...

Their return policy is untouchable.I've had to return alot of stuff to them over a short time.Make sure it's one of the women operators that takes you're order they seem to get everything right.Some dude took my order last time and didn't get the part #'s right.Sounded like he was fighting off the affects of a full nights loss of beer pong.