How many paddles

Trying to figure out how many paddles to run on my banshee. I have AMS Aerostarts right 20x11x8 with 8 paddles but Im going to switch to Haulers, just wondering should I move up to 10 paddles on the skats being they are alot lighter? Mods are in sig, will be getting T-5s or something along them lines for pipes.

Hell no, even with a ported stroker 10 paddle haulers are a bit much for dune riding.

I would get 8 paddle Non Extremes for a non-ported banshee with just pipes. Just cause they are lighter does not mean you need more paddles.

Banshees work off wheel spin as they make their power at high RPM's If you overpaddle the banshee it will be harder to hit those upper RPM's.

Edited by Justintoxicated

hey guys.....i have the same problem......4mm long rod stroker with ported cylinders im gettin off loco with rockets and +4 timing with 35mm carbs.......i currently have GBC sand sharks from when it was in stock form....lookin at gettin some 9 paddle haulers???? yea i forgot to mention i have a 4+ swinger and 2+ 1+ arms......

Edited by SvrdRam

hey guys.....i have the same problem......4mm long rod stroker with ported cylinders im gettin off loco with rockets and +4 timing with 35mm carbs.......i currently have GBC sand sharks from when it was in stock form....lookin at gettin some 9 paddle haulers????

512436[/snapback]

I would try 9 paddle extremes or 8 paddle extremes, depending on who you talk to.

Personaly I would probably try 9 paddle extremes. for a drag/dune setup. It does depend what your goal is.

Just had to jump in here since I 'tired up' wrong and have been living with it for a couple of years. I have 9 paddle Extremes (10x10s) on my 55- or so hp bike, still with stock length swingarm. I have the power to turn the tires, but the hookup is way too much in the steep stuff; can't keep the front end down. It's great for playriding with the kids- just point and shoot wheelies, but I have to run the tires backward in the tree shots. The setup is calling for either an extended arm or fewer/shorter paddles.

Just had to jump in here since I 'tired up' wrong and have been living with it for a couple of years. I have 9 paddle Extremes (10x10s) on my 55- or so hp bike, still with stock length swingarm. I have the power to turn the tires, but the hookup is way too much in the steep stuff; can't keep the front end down. It's great for playriding with the kids- just point and shoot wheelies, but I have to run the tires backward in the tree shots. The setup is calling for either an extended arm or fewer/shorter paddles.

512558[/snapback]

Yea if you get an extended arm and some 8 paddle extremes you would be set ;) You will get a little les hookup with a +2, and even a little more less with a +4, that depends how you want to setup your banshee though.

i hear an 8 paddle extreme will work the same way as a 9 paddle hauler.

some my question is, why not get a 9 paddle hauler if cost less than a 8 paddle extreme?

512701[/snapback]

Some people say this, but I don't agree. The scoops on an extreme are the same size just reinforced better. Are for higher horsepower apps. There will be a little difference in hookup as the haulers will or may flex more depending on the power output. But how much, and at what power range does this become an issue?