Removing head rods

i can't figure out how to do it.. i need help taking them out because im giong to get the cylinder resleaved.. and also is there anything i can mess up when i take out the power valve on the exhaust.. or when i put it back in.. if anyone has a tutorial let me know

i can't figure out how to do it.. i need help taking them out because im giong to get the cylinder resleaved.. and also is there anything i can mess up when i take out the power valve on the exhaust.. or when i put it back in.. if anyone has a tutorial let me know

511376[/snapback]

what motor you have?

if your just doing cylinder work the rods don't have to come out...

if you want the rods out to have to split the case to get to the crank.. A machinist will have to do the rod work..

:bolt:

if you mean head studs take two head nut 1 upside down and the other right side up, screw them on a stud tighten them together like a lock nut and just loosen it like a bolt. and i don't think there is any thing to mess up with the power valves there isn't on my KX 500.

Edited by fast500#12

if you mean head studs take two head nut 1 upside down and the other right side up, screw them on a stud tighten them together like a lock nut and just loosen it like a bolt. and i don't think there is any thing to mess up with the power valves there isn't on my KX 500.

511692[/snapback]

Use some penetrating oil and let it sit for a minute first. Nothing worse than breaking off a stud and not having anything to grab on to.