just order a +4 crank now what to do with it

i just order a +4 crank and wanted to know what else to do get the most out of it. i do mostly wood riding with some drag. i have about 800 more to spend. i was thinking about a big bore. then i was also thinking about just boring it out .040 and getting a set of carbs. i also want to get a set of noss or cool heads to go with it also. any other ideas that i have not thought of would be great or if you have some of the parts i need for sell let me know.

You will want to get it ported. Porting you motor gives you a good gain in power and lets you "tune" your motor to the type of riding you do. Not to mention that with a 4 mil crank you should really have it ported to compensate for your new crank. PM "fastoys" that's Jeff from F.A.S.T. or "passionre" that's Jim from passion, both of them are well trusted builders who can point you in the right direction as well as do the work for you.

What kind of crank did you buy? If it is a Hot Rods, first money spent should be outside bearing swaps(TZ on right, at least a Max Load on the left) and Welded. I have the Hot Rods and from the research I have done, these are the problem areas. Then as everyone else has stated, some porting. Then you need to have the domes cut on your stock head to comensate for the increased stroke, or buy a noss head from whoever you pic as a builder and have them cut the domes to there profile to compensate for the added stroke and put you in the compression range that responds to their porting best. That should just about exhaust your extra money, if you're lucky, maybe even get you a billet impeller also.

Then as soon as you get the extra money, you are gonna want a billet clutch basket for the extra power(stock one will wear fast), at least some beefier clutch springs(Toomey) if not a lockup to hook up the extra power, and then longer swingarm to keep from flipping over, which in turn will make you need a longer chain, which in turn will make yoy buy new sprockets.........I am sure you get my point. But it will all be worth it in the end!!!!!! :cheers:

P.S. Just called Jeff at F.A.S.T. for a chain, answering machine says he is not takeing on any more work untill June 15th. You are going to wait in line anywhere else though.

it is a hotrod crank. it has been trued and welded. where do you get the bearings that you are talking about? i am thinking about haveing jim do the morter work. i talked to him today. are there any other engine builders that would have a shorter turn around time. he said 9 to 10 weeks to get it back.