works shocks?

ThE_BaNsHeE_mAn88

i heard some bad things about works shocks .im looking for some shocks for my bike and i was woundering what you think about works shocks.

Depends on what you want to do with them...

Mike

506427[/snapback]

yeah...works are 10x times better than stock, and they are bottom of the barrel. in the trails they get the job done, soak up better than stockers. I can hit whoops in 3rd gear WOT with a rebuilt rear. if you are on a budget works aren't bad at all...but they aren't the best.

I've used the steelers for10yrs and never any trouble at all. Their pro g and black widow series are arguably some of the best mx shocks on the market and definitly the most technologically advanced. Then again your comparing a 4 to 500 dollar series to sets that cost over a grand. Whatever you do on a quad, they make a shock for it.

I've used the steelers for10yrs and never any trouble at all. Their pro g and black widow series are arguably some of the best mx shocks on the market and definitly the most technologically advanced. Then again your comparing a 4 to 500 dollar series to sets that cost over a grand. Whatever you do on a quad, they make a shock for it.

506510[/snapback]

I assumed that he was talking about the steelers which is what people mean 95% of the time... IMO the pro G and widows are a little over-priced... considering axis LT can be had for around 900$...

Mike

I have had works triples with rezzies for about four years. I ride a little of everything, fast trails , local MX, Harscrambles, They are WAY better than stock. This year I sent them to TCS along with my stock rear to have everything re valved and re sprung. They are night and day better. Thats the cool thing about Works IMO. PEP, and TCS shocks start with Works bodies, At laest they used to. So buy the Works now, and enjoy them. When its time for a rebuild, If you want you can step up the performance.

i want to do some local mx riding and fast trail riding. i need an up grade because i went riding at my friends and my hands and arms hurt so bad. i could feel every bump and im sick of it.

i want to do some local mx riding and fast trail riding. i need an up grade because i went riding at my friends and my hands and arms hurt so bad. i could feel every bump and im sick of it.

506634[/snapback]

They'll be perfect for you then... like stated above.. when your ready for an upgrade any decent race shop can rebuild them with some nice internals... As for the arm pump pick you up a scott's or precision dampner... When you buy the shocks get them setup for +2 arms... they'll be a wee bit stiff but it'll save you the coin from getting them re-valved again when you get the arms...

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

I have a set of black widow and a set of triple rate and love them the black widows are as smooth as any shock that i have rode, I also sent my triple rates in to have them rebuilt and it only took two days and I had them back at my door works is a great company