Externally adjustable jets

You need to call Thunder Products, because I think some of the information above may not be totally accurate. When I bought mine I was told to jet my bike without them on, then step down one jet size after adding the unit. With the unit on you can go up three main jet sizes and down three jet sizes from where you start.

For example perfect jetting without dial-a-jet 320, so you put in a 310 and add the dial-a-jet. Now you have the ability to go down to a 280 and up to a 340. This thing only compensates for different elevations and/or temp changes by adding more or less fuel to the incoming charge. So twisting a little knob is a lot easier than taking your carb apart when you ride at different elevations. There was an article in Dirt Wheels a couple of years ago and the test subject rode at 1000 or so feet and then with the dial-a-jet went to 6000 or 7000 feet and only turned the dial-a-jet and the bike ran great. Of course this means a few more plug chops to make sure that the dial number that you are on is the right one for the elevation. But hey, once you know which number it is supposed to be you can just put it there next time and then change it back when you return home.

Another positive is that the fuel that it added is atomized because of the way it is delivered instead of poured into the carbs. They claim that it is like fuel injection thus gaining a little power, but I am unsure about that.

No, I don't sell the things, but I was given one for Christmas so I did a little research, well maybe a lot, before I would even consider putting it on my Shee. and when I get my bike back together I am going to try mine out and I'll let you know...................... :cheers:

You need to call Thunder Products, because I think some of the information above may not be totally accurate.  When I bought mine I was told to jet my bike without them on, then step down one jet size after adding the unit.  With the unit on you can go up three main jet sizes and down three jet sizes from where you start.

504449[/snapback]

The Thunder Products power jet might only have 5 or 6 settings but the other brand that Vito's and others sell has alot more adjustment (about 15)