Externally adjustable jets

Getting some pipes so Im gonna need to rejet my carbs and I've heard of some jets that you can mod your carbs with to make them adjustable from the outside of the carb. Anyone know of a company that has these? Where I can find them at? Thanks... I have stock carbs by the way.

Getting some pipes so Im gonna need to rejet my carbs and I've heard of some jets that you can mod your carbs with to make them adjustable from the outside of the carb. Anyone know of a company that has these? Where I can find them at? Thanks... I have stock carbs by the way.

503602[/snapback]

these are probibly what you mean.

http://www.thunderproducts.com/dial_a_jet.htm

there are also ones called Powerjets, too. the style for the pick up is different but they both do the same thing. Here's how powerjets are installed. the process should be pretty much the same.

http://216.194.105.243/powerjets.htm

basically it's a rip-off of the technology that Lectron has used for 40 years in their carbs.

So those pretty much copy Lectrons design? If thats the case sounds like Id be better off getting some used Lectrons. Being the price on the dial-a-jet is $100 plus $10 for the snorkel for my stock 26mm carbs. I can get bigger Lectrons for like $250 or so.

Here's what I posted on how they work in another thread.

can't find what I'm looking for, so here's a pic of a Lectron and, in a nut shell, how a dial-a-jet works.

lectroncarbtuning6wd.jpg

air rushes into the carb causing a low pressure in the carb, which draws the fuel up through the jet as we all know( or should). but in the case of a Lectron or Dial-a-Jet, when the fuel is drawn out of the bowl, it causes a slight vacuum in the bowl(hence the typical vent hoses we all see normally). the pick -up tube(or dial-a-jet intake) channels air down through the tube into the bottom of the bowl where it essentually bubbles air into the fuel(kinda like an air stone in a fish tank), thus enriching the fuel. so as the emulsified fuel draws out of the main jet, it will atomize faster and more evenly because of it being, for lack of a better term, part-evaporated already. thus it can sort of self adjust itself because the amount of air it draws into the bowl is a result of the outside air pressure, giving it the ablity to act like almost a full jet size up or down from the main jet, giving it a bit of a range. A Lectron uses a Mikuni pilot jet to meter the air flow though the tube w/ a screw to fine tune it. if I remember right the Dial-a-Jet uses a small box w/ a screw that works like a water faucet valve to adjust the air flow.

485887[/snapback]

So those pretty much copy Lectrons design? If thats the case sounds like Id be better off getting some used Lectrons. Being the price on the dial-a-jet is $100 plus $10 for the snorkel for my stock 26mm carbs. I can get bigger Lectrons for like $250 or so.

503657[/snapback]

They sell dial-a-jets on Ebay for about $20ea and Vito's sell them for $25ea. I have them on mine and they work good

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Banshee-POW...ZWDVWQQtcZphoto

Edited by Tim C

Thanks for the link Tim. I guess I have another question then. I would like to have my Banshee up to about 70 HP by next summer, probably wont run much more than that when Im totally done. If I get my stock carbs bored to 28mm should that be able to feed my Shee? And if so by install the Power Jets is that something that will hinder getting them bored?

What would you guys recommend for a starting point for my jetting?

Heres what I got

-Vforce III reeds

-Vitos +4 timing key

-Stock Air box with pro flow adapter and K&N filter with precharger.. Running stock lid but would like to take it off

-And I will be adding Toomey T-4's in the next few days.

Any ideas where I can start from? Or what I should put in, I plan on getting the Power Jet kit from vitos. Elevation is 871 ft

Edited by platinumjason

If your looking for 70hp you'll probably be better off with bigger carbs - you can get 70hp running stock carbs but with porting or a cub it will be easier with bigger carbs and you'll get more power.

With the dial-jets I have every 1/4 turn = 1 jet size and I think there are about 4 turns on the dial so that gives about 16 jet sizes

Edited by Tim C

If you add the power jets you should be able to run the stock jets and make up the difference with them. Without the power jets and with pipes you should be running about 270 - 280 mains and maybe a little bigger if you remove the airbox lid