new big dogs in the atv world

LOL I was just looking throug a magazine and thought I would share with all off you what I saw. Its a new kit to make your sled a quad !!!!! believe it or not !!! think about it how do you try to compete with a 1000cc fuel injected stock 180 hp quad/sled out off the box ???????? and then its clutched and its automatic !!!!!! well its comming here is the link to the website to check it out

sled conversion kits

skidoobc_copy.jpg

yamahaleft.jpg

Edited by chase73

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

personally I think they look silly. like a jetski w/ wheels(bad DW april fools cover). they prob go like a bat out of hell in a straight line. I kinda wonder how well they would turn.

Edited by pipebomb

not only is that the gayest looking thing ive ever seen, its also the gayest looking thing ive ever seen. id be willing to bet theres plenty of twins out there that would put a whoopin on what ever that thing is. chassis, tires, rider and all that good stuff are everything. put that big ol modified junker on a 300 foot strip with a stroker motored drag framed banshee and id be williing to bet that snomoquad thingy wont stand a chance...

not only is that the gayest looking thing ive ever seen, its also the gayest looking thing ive ever seen. id be willing to bet theres plenty of twins out there that would put a whoopin on  what ever that thing is. chassis, tires, rider and all that good stuff are everything. put that big ol modified junker on a 300 foot strip with a stroker motored drag framed banshee and id be williing to bet that snomoquad thingy wont stand a chance...

503518[/snapback]

took the words right out of my mouth :cheers: i bet a properly setup 350 drag she could slay one in 300 feet , setup is more important than horsepower and its gonna take alot more than slapping on some tires to hang with a properly built twin :bolt::evil:

not only is that the gayest looking thing ive ever seen, its also the gayest looking thing ive ever seen. id be willing to bet theres plenty of twins out there that would put a whoopin on  what ever that thing is. chassis, tires, rider and all that good stuff are everything. put that big ol modified junker on a 300 foot strip with a stroker motored drag framed banshee and id be williing to bet that snomoquad thingy wont stand a chance...

503518[/snapback]

Kinda what I was thinking with the gay part, and the set up, purpose built Banshee part.

The sled wasn't exactly built and designed to do what its being modified to do. Someone that builds a purpose built bike would fair well against that unless the snohomoquadthing was set up properly by someone that knew what they were doing but even then, I don't think you'd find someone that knew what they were doing that would use that as a platform. They could just rip the engine out of it, run it through a nitro harley primary/transmission on a 40lb hand built chromoly frame and haul some serious ass with out getting laughed at for having an ugly bike.

You won't see those on an MX track anytime soon.

as far as trail riding is concerned it would be a good idea for an old beater sled but not for me. probably bumpsteer like a bastard. couldn't justify pounding the zr-9 over rocks and dusty trails in the summer.mud and dirt in the belt drive ain't cool! if these work at all, asphalt racing would be the place for them. they'd clean up at the track.as for speed, sleds are fairly quick. I radared at 117 mph last winter on hard packed snow/ice on a zr 900 with a few mods.it was far from being the fastest sled out there that day.(alot of deep pocketbooks around!)about 155-160 hp & 550 lbs. a prostock 800 ice sled is around 220 hp and weighes approx 350-375 lbs. if you could ever get it to hook up with one of those wheel kits it would be an interesting match against a moded banshee. the sled in the picture( 1000 tripple/255 hp) posted a qurter mile time of 8.7 at 149.3 mph.

No offense to the other guys, but I am willing to bet my money on the sleds, Have you guys ever rode a sled before? Most likely not because if you did you would be thinking the other way around The standard 600 sleds today can put out 120-125 horses, Firecat 700 is 140 . The 1000 twins are way up there too. The only thing I would worry about is gettin all that power to the ground.

setup is more important than horsepower ,<say this aloud 10 times .people drag against sleds al l the time with modifed banshees ,it does not matter if you have 600 hp between your legs if it is not dialed i nfor that type of discipline ,if it was the hot go -fast setu p for drags dont you thin k everybody and his sisters vibrator on planet sand would ru n a custom sled with auto clutch instead of packard,ssr . wild west .dave moore drag frames? there are lil 350 banshees way under 4 seconds i n 300 feet nowadays and i doubt they have one third the horsepower of some of these new sled engines

Edited by rocketboy

setup is more important than  horsepower ,<say this aloud  10 times .people drag  against sleds al l the time with  modifed banshees ,it does not matter if you have 600 hp between your legs if it is not dialed i nfor that type of discipline ,if it was the hot go -fast setu p for drags dont you thin k everybody and his sisters vibrator  on planet sand would ru n a  custom sled with  auto clutch instead of packard,ssr . wild west .dave moore drag frames? there are lil  350 banshees way under 4 seconds  i n 300 feet nowadays  and i doubt they have one third  the horsepower of some of these new sled engines

503629[/snapback]

here rocketboy makes sense :D unlike his religious arguements LOL :lol: