Is my Banshee slow for my mods?

Pa Banshee

I don't think you'll run away from the piped raptor.I had one as well as piped banshees.I had a similar banshee except with FMF fatties.My buddy had a raptor with a full CT pipe,filter,etc...I would jump ahead of him in 2nd and 3rd gear.He couldn't make up this difference but I couldn't pull away from him after 3rd either.A piped raptor runs pretty good.

Port that banshee and you'll smoke that raptor. :bolt:

Edited by race-a-holic

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have Low end pipes, stock gearing and heavy ass tires. I think it is likely that he will stomp you.

The way I see it...

A boost bottle is just for decoration and Toomy is foam filter that flows less than a K&N,

+4 timing will help some but not much and Boysen Reeds are probably not giving you anything other than slight improvement in throttle response since your using stock carbs and no porting.

So your only real performace mods are Low End Pipes. So Yea I would think a built raptor could beat you pretty easy. Especialy if you have really heavy tires, since extra tire mass affects your acceleration about the same as 10x regular mass, so if your tires are 10lbs heavier than stock it would affect your acceleration about the same as adding 200lbss to your bike.

If you were on sand an d lightweight paddles you would have a better chance.

If you had some porting and some different pipes you would easily walk him.

Edited by Justintoxicated

I don't think you'll run away from the piped raptor.I had one as well as piped banshees.I had a similar banshee except with FMF fatties.My buddy had a raptor with a full CT pipe,filter,etc...I would jump ahead of him in 2nd and 3rd gear.He couldn't make up this difference but I couldn't pull away from him after 3rd either.A piped raptor runs pretty good.

Port that banshee and you'll smoke that raptor. :bolt:

511468[/snapback]

a piped raptor is still slow!!!!!

Edited by 2bzy2p

• 2 weeks later...

Your pipes do kill your top end some.I ported my brothers shee,and he had those pipes and even still could pull good on a 1/2 mile flat trak. ditch those heavy tires,get it ported,Iwould say 15 front sprocket and 20 rear tires.Pro circuit pipes would be better,but not a must have to beat a raptor.Raptors are underated though,I bought one and the torque ,and less wheel spin is great,how,ever would not touch my old shee on a longer straight.

• 1 month later...

Hey what's guys this is my first post. I raced my brother on his raptor 660R this weekend all he has done is full pipe, K&N air cleaner and gearing change. I raced him a bunch of times on dirt and pavement he beats me every time. Even if we start from a roll we are dead even nobody pulling away. My mods are FMF gnarly pipes powercore silecers,boost bottle,boysen reeds,+4 timing,toomey air cleaner kit. Does this sound right or is my banshee low on power for its mods. thanks for any help.

What gearing,jetting,etc... do you have?

I'm not a big fan of FMF.They are better than stock but what isn't.LOL!

For a stock port or even ported banshees,I've had good luck with T-5's.

For a ported banshee,CPI pipes are really good and shearers are awesome.

• 2 months later...

Im not sure if this is any thing really to brag about. But it is the only quad I have Raced since my last mods. but I raced a buddie of mine with a Polaris 400 sport. pretty much stock cept he has carbon fiber reeds and a k&N Filter and 2 teeth smaller on his Rear Sprocket. Of corse I beat him. even when i gave him 6 lengths head start.and I too never hit 6th gear. but im not sure how fast a 400 sport really is.we have Raced before when i was all stock and i would beat him by a few lengths. so I have seen a Big Diff, since my last mods wich were The Toomey 2 into 1 Airfilter (air box gone).and a set of RocketPipes, and 280 jets. Im going to change my front sprocket to a 15th.it was kinda scary when I took off in 2nd with throttle Pinned the front end came up so fast I had to let off the gas for a split second to drop the front end.

Im not sure if this is any thing really to brag about. But it is the only quad I have Raced since my last mods. but I raced a buddie of mine with a Polaris 400 sport. pretty much stock cept he has carbon fiber reeds and a k&N Filter and 2 teeth smaller on his Rear Sprocket. Of corse I beat him. even when i gave him 6 lengths head start.and I too never hit 6th gear. but im not sure how fast a 400 sport really is.we have Raced before when i was all stock and i would beat him by a few lengths. so I have seen a Big Diff, since my last mods wich were The Toomey 2 into 1 Airfilter (air box gone).and a set of RocketPipes, and 280 jets. Im going to change my front sprocket to a 15th.it was kinda scary when I took off in 2nd with throttle Pinned the front end came up so fast I had to let off the gas for a split second to drop the front end.

yeah, the Polarises are slow, that auto tranny really kills 'em too. Your running a 280 main, with an open filter and rocket pipes? What altitude are you at? Sounds really lean. When I had my Toomey on, with FMFs, at sea level, I ran a 330 main, and it was on spot, plug chop was perfect.

yeah, the Polarises are slow, that auto tranny really kills 'em too. Your running a 280 main, with an open filter and rocket pipes? What altitude are you at? Sounds really lean. When I had my Toomey on, with FMFs, at sea level, I ran a 330 main, and it was on spot, plug chop was perfect.

Man I live here in Ft,Worth Texas Im not sure of the Altitude. It is Kinda hard to start at first. But then it Screams when it Warms up.if I am at sea level Should i Run 330 mains to? I have Heard alot of People say that they Ran 300 or Bigger.maybe I'll just buy a few sets of mains and see what works best. I mean my shee doesn't Bog when I gas it. it has Great Throttle Responce all the way to WOT. But im no Expert.I just Found Out That im at 670 Feet above sealevel.

Edited by Yamashee1

Man I live here in Ft,Worth Texas Im not sure of the Altitude. It is Kinda hard to start at first. But then it Screams when it Warms up.if I am at sea level Should i Run 330 mains to? I have Heard alot of People say that they Ran 300 or Bigger.maybe I'll just buy a few sets of mains and see what works best. I mean my shee doesn't Bog when I gas it. it has Great Throttle Responce all the way to WOT. But im no Expert.I just Found Out That im at 670 Feet above sealevel.

So have you even checked your plugs?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey man, all the mods you have are for LOW end woods ridein...ditch the FmF thats about the worest pipe to run for a bike tha comes out of the woods...Tire/tire wieght makes a big diff...

But anyways i have a set of T-5s for sale...all springs brackets stingers. are there in good shape... 210% and there are yours.... e-mail me back

banshee4drag@hotmail.com