TORS Elimination kit add on

I put the TORS kit in and I cant get the bike to idle, I have the idle screw turned all the way in. I know there is some sort of an adjustment nut on top of the carbs ( looks like some sort of locking adjusment nut) Do I need to turn it out to get the slides to come up, or am I just forgeting the obvious?

thanks

Idle screw turned all the way in????

IF you could get it to idle...it'll probably do so at about 5000 RPM.

The adjustment on the tops of each carb is to sync the carbs slides. Together with the cable going into the thumb/twist throttle, you remove most of the slack, and use the adjusters on top of the carb caps to syncronize the slides.

I've done quite a few TORS removal kits. Did you grind off just a little bit of metal from the aluminimum boss where you drilled and tapped the carb? that locknut needs to sit flush on the carb boss.

When you turn the brass idle screws in...did you check to see if the slides are raising or not?

Lastly...this is my advice... Do each carb separate. Lightly turn in the idle screw until it just makes contact with the slide. Turn the idle screw in a full 2 turns clockwise. Lock it down.

Do the same with the other. You'll find a good idle will be had anywhere from 1.0 to 3.0 turns in once seated against the slide. It all depends on how much you grind off to make the surface flush.

That should get you started....

You are thinking of the air screw...which is just below and behind the newly installed idle screw.

Think about it. The slides need to be raised just a hair to idle.

If you turn the idle scew in till it touches the carb slide, then back it out...the slides are completely closed.

The bullet nose of the idle screw pushes against a ramp on the slide. The more you turn it in, the more the bullet "walks" up the ramp and raises the slide(s)....

And...that air screw adjustment is reference only.

You can end up with .25 to 3.5 turns out on that bad boy...:)

:cheers:

Edited by dajogejr

It all depends on how long those brass idle screws are.

I think mine are from Toomey direct, and they seem a little shorter than the ones I just put in my buddie's Tuesday night, which were from Vito's.

I'd take just enough off to make that boss FLAT, thread 'em in and see how it goes.

Again, you're going to have to dismantle the whole carb to clean out the shavings, etc.

GOOD LUCK!!

I grinded down about a half inch of the carb where the screws go in and got the needed lenght to get the screws to set. I'll add I did get this kit from RockyMt. ATV the screws where short enough where they just touched the slides. Anyways works just fine now, Thanks dajogejr you where a big help. :clap: