piped banshee 28mm PWK jetting

chris642

Hey, my project banshee is pissing me off, i think its the carbs on there that make it so hard to start. Im gonna throw on the 28's off my bike on there to see, but my banshee is ported so it will be way rich. What jets are good for a bike with FMF pipes and thats all with kehien 28mm PWK's, hopefully i have the jets i need, i may just throw on the leanest jets i have. Let me know any info you have, thanks alot!!

Whats the problem with the stockers?? Did you clean them up? What size jets did you play around with?

Hey, my project banshee is pissing me off, i think its the carbs on there that make it so hard to start. Im gonna throw on the 28's off my bike on there to see, but my banshee is ported so it will be way rich. What jets are good for a bike with FMF pipes and thats all with kehien 28mm PWK's, hopefully i have the jets i need, i may just throw on the leanest jets i have. Let me know any info you have, thanks alot!!

500064[/snapback]

Whats the problem with the stockers?? Did you clean them up? What size jets did you play around with?

500070[/snapback]

it cant be the jet sizes, i have 30 pilots, 280 mains, and its on the clip FMF says. When i pull start it, it runs great. Its just starting, its near impossible by kicking it. I figured i could narrow it down by trying these other carbs, if it wtill has the problem i have to look elsewhere.

That pilot is too big for the stockers :blink:

it cant be the jet sizes, i have 30 pilots, 280 mains, and its on the clip FMF says. When i pull start it, it runs great. Its just starting, its near impossible by kicking it. I figured i could narrow it down by trying these other carbs, if it wtill has the problem i have to look elsewhere.

500112[/snapback]

That pilot is too big for the stockers :blink:

500137[/snapback]

It was real cold at the time, so it may be a bit rich now. It didnt have any hesitation when i rode it, it was very snappy in the low end!

50 pilots 152 mains

i think that is about where i am on my ported banshee, my other banshee only has FMF pipes so it should be ablot less. I have everything through 135-155 so i may go with the 135's and see how it does. the only other pilot i have is a 40 so im gonna try that too, dont have much of a choice there!

I feel like a dumbass, i sold the stock carbs on my banshee for about $65 a while ago (tuned perfectly for T5's), i have put about $100 into these carbs between the TORS eliminater and rebuild kit, im an idiot :shootself: hell, i bought my 28 PWK's for $175!! Maybe if they run good on the project shee i will just leave them on and go with bigger carbs for my main shee :evil:

ur pilot is way to big for the fatty pipes on a stock motor w/stock carbs ...... run a 27.5 at around 2 turns or stock pilot at like .5 to 1 turns. my 98 (wifes) is stock with fattys,k&n,airbox w/ no lid. i'm at 900ft/70f and it runs a stock pilot at .75 turns/4th clip on the needle/280 main ... starts 1st kick without fail, and accelerates clean all the way to the top

i threw my carbs on today, but i have a little problem other than carbs. The "stock" head i bought is really milled, my compression is at 170, wayy to high for regular gas. The bike is definally detinating and dieseled on me, meaning i turned off the swtich and it still ran for 5 seconds or so. It ran good with 140 mains and 50 pilots, 1 1/4 ou. It started pretty good towards the end, but after i pulled the plugs and they looked grey/whitish (detenation) I decided not to run it untill i get a new head. Damn, more money <_<

Talk to Carl from jersey city, He has one..

i threw my carbs on today, but i have a little problem other than carbs. The "stock" head i bought is really milled, my compression is at 170, wayy to high for regular gas. The bike is definally detinating and dieseled on me, meaning i turned off the swtich and it still ran for 5 seconds or so. It ran good with 140 mains and 50 pilots, 1 1/4 ou. It started pretty good towards the end, but after i pulled the plugs and they looked grey/whitish  (detenation) I decided not to run it untill i get a new head. Damn, more money  <_<

500609[/snapback]