TWIST THROTTLE CONVERSION

SO I GOT MY BANSHEE ALL BROKE IN (SINCE MOTOR REBUILD),TUESDAY AFTERNOON IWENT OUT FOR ITS MAIDEN VOYAGE AND I WAS GOING THOUGH THE TRAIL WHEN I HIT A BUMP AND IT MADE ME JERK THAT F**KING TWIST THROTTLE AND SENT ME IN TO A TREE . I HIT THE TREE WITH MY BACK WHEEL CAUSING ME TO FLIP TWICE .THAT HURT ,BUT I WAS OKAY .WHAT REALLY HURT WAS WHEN I FLIPPED THE BIKE BACK OVER .............................. I NOW NEED A NEW STEERING STEM ,REAR AXLE AND CARRIER,SWING ARM

EXHUAST REAR BUMPER AND 2 WHEELS. I THINK I CAN STRAITEN THE REAR PART OF THE FRAME. I BLAME IT ALL ON THE TWIST THROTTLE ,STUPID MOTION PRO.

yea i got a twist , it will get you in trouble when you transfer your weight back and forth. just ride the tank with your elbow high. good luck . i see my friends with the thumb throttle sitting on the side of the trail shaking their right arm i dont miss a thumb throttle at all

Edited by 2strokesmoke

it's a whole different thing when you have 2 front wheels going up and down and side to side, way different that a bike's up and down only with one wheel. Dont give up on it yet, once you get used to it and learn to be light handed you will love it.

Best way I've found to describe it is learning how to ride with stiff wrists (I just woke up or I'd throw in a good "limp wrist" joke here). When you hit a bump if your wrist changes position at all its gonna translate to the throttle. So you lock your wrist and use your whole arm for throttle control. Okay yeah, that's still a shitty description...

You sound exactly like everyone that has ever sat on my Banshee "F*** that twist throttle bs!" I love it, everyone else absolutely hates it, kinda get me out of anyone asking to ride it all the time. Everyone that has ever tried to ride it has 12'o'clocked it thinking they could just give it half throttle and go. The quad claws for the sky and they aren't ready for it, so they crouch down and move their wrist all at the same time and WHAM it stands straight on end. I ALWAYS put the kill-tether on anyone that hasn't ridden it before.

Its pretty humorous to watch.

Once you get used to it, you'll never want to go back. The ONLY thing I have trouble with using it for now is doing controlled wheelies. I can kinda do them on a friends that has thumb throttle and Fatties but mine with T5's and twist just isnt smooth enough in the power band to walk a wheelie. Now on a 4-poke I can do anything, IMO thats all they are good for.

damn I didn't realize so many people like twists. I can't stand them on a quad. I had a twist on my shee when I first got it, and a week later I hit a tree just like you. Took the right side a-arms off clean at the welds (avatar pic). I bought a Terrycable thumb throttle right after and haven't looked back since.

Fix it. It will be a good learning experience, and you could probably find the parts needed to fix it, either on Ebay, or from some of the people in here, a lot cheaper than you could anywhere else. Hell, I completely wiped my frame out 2 years ago, and had to take everything off, replace parts, seals, bearings, and such, and then move it all over to the new frame. It's interesting, and not too bad to do.