wont push start

well i tried push starting it with my friend and it goes like its about to start but doesnt, have brand new top end in fact whole motor torn down crank replaced everything new seals i mean everything., but ususally the kickstarter kicks with full compression when you kick down, you guys know what i mean like there is pressure felt all the way thorugh the kick? But with me its like you go halfway down then you can feel it kick over. now i jsut cleaned the carbs totally out. I get it to start if i use a towel or my hand to cover the intake. You can put gas directly into the head and it will start momentarily though. my choke has been out when i do this, but you have to hold it out. maybe a oring is missing anf its causing an air leak, I will buy a new choke assembly for 40.00 could that be it. Or is my kickstarter in wrong since it kicks from halfway down, or is it my reeds? Please guys someone must have had a problem similiar to this. Also there is plenty of spark, Im really leaning towards the kickstart is in wrong but how could it be in wrong? Once warmed up it will stop and start first kick. This is totally wierd. How do you get it to kick over with full pressure?

whenever i rebuilt my motor last i had to tow it behind my buds jeep to get it to turn over the first time. im not sure if i had a wee bit too much assembly lube in there, or if it was just the real fuckin cold weather.

i had the same problem sounds like an air leak 1st make sure the tube that connects to both carbs was put back on.my situation was the same an air leak wich is not allowing the vaccum to pull the fuel to the cylinders.i actually found one of the sync windows fell out of the carbs causing my leak rare ocation but it did happen.i read alot of threds about the tube missing between the 2 carbs and i be damed i almost forgot it when i did mine hope this helps.