Thermostat?

does a stock banshee have a tempature controlled automotive stile thermostat in the water passage somewhere, and if so, why not?

seems like it would be a good idea to promote quick warm up and help to regulate the tempature. keeping it from getting too low when cruising at high speed, low throttle.

Nice Polish! What was the fix?

csrmel - No it doesn't have one, but I suppose you could find a way to put one in. Out here in SoCal the coldest I can get my shee is about 150, which is about 5 degrees cooler than the optimum temperature. Might be more of an issue for the folks here living in the arctic circle.

Cars/Trucks have a T-Stat to keep the engine coolant in the engine/heater core to allow faster warm up, and heat ....

However, this is a large, complex system. Many cylinders, larger radiator, etc.

I'd say you don't need a t-stat unless you were running very, very cold temps and it takes forever for your shee to warm up.

If you're riding in cold temps, let it warm up just a bit longer. Always a good idea to "blip" the throttle off and on when warming it up. Moves the water faster, warms up quicker....