Afco front shocks

skykingcory

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Where can I look at new afco front shocks online?? How much does a front set run?

I got my Afco shocks from Car and Fleet in Tulsa, OK. Mike Stewart treated me well.

I think I paid a little over $500 for mine, plus I had the valving setup where I wanted, and the spring rate also.

I like the Afco shocks, but since they don't have rebound adjustability, I'd pick different ones If I had it to do over again.

Give Lonnie Eubanks a call @ Sandtrax (www.sandtrax.com) and he'll hook you up. He's a flattracker, so he's got some good experience about what works and what doesn't.

I got my Afco shocks from Car and Fleet in Tulsa, OK. Mike Stewart treated me well.

I think I paid a little over $500 for mine, plus I had the valving setup where I wanted, and the spring rate also.

I like the Afco shocks, but since they don't have rebound adjustability, I'd pick different ones If I had it to do over again.

Give Lonnie Eubanks a call @ Sandtrax (www.sandtrax.com) and he'll hook you up. He's a flattracker, so he's got some good experience about what works and what doesn't.

Lonnie can help you but if you want afco shocks he will not be able to help you. Lonnie can hook you with some elka shocks, I was looking at some of his shocks and they were priced pretty good, plus it will alot easier to get the elka shocks rebuilt.

• 3 weeks later...

The Afcos I run for TT on my honda are were valved perfectly and handle the track with ease. I picked them up for a steal also. They were slightly used, I then sent them to Afco for a complete rebuild and proper valving and I have a total of $260 in them. Sure, they're not Axis or PEPs but I can hang with any of them.

• 2 weeks later...

IF you don't mind my asking, what valving did you go with and what are the spring rates?

You running them on a 450R?

I'm running them on the 450. As far as the spring rates and valving, I really don't know... sorry... :huh:

I'm running them on the 450. As far as the spring rates and valving, I really don't know... sorry... :huh:

We're running a 4-3 valving and 175lb primary spring and a 45lb secondary spring. Valved and sprung like this they work OK for our Banshee on tracks that have some hookup. If the track goes dry/slick, which they always seem to do for us, then I wish I could change the valving on the rebound to enhance traction coming out of the corners and load up the left rear as well coming out.

This same shock is worthless on our 250R with the same valving. Stock 250R shocks work better on the 250R. While I could always have the AFCO's revalved to work for the 250R, they wouldn't be correct for the Banshee, because of the different weights of the quads, and the power differences of the two machines.

My next front shocks for TT/Flattrack will be rebound adjustable which will allow a much greater chance of getting them setup correctly for different tracks, as well as changing track conditions during the night on the same track.