250r front end

mattw204

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you can probably get one off of ebay for about $3-400. i have been looking at frames and it looks like a raptor frame would be more suitable.....maybe....maybe not.it just looked better thena 400ex on paper. i dont really know the measurments though

Edited by mattw204

I think it could be snapped in half as far up as the footpegs and you'll be ok...

496198[/snapback]

ya, thats a good way to go about finding one cheap. It still wouldnt be a cheap swap though. Youd have to pick up lots of honda parts. Arms, brakes, spindles, and what ever else.

you wanna weld a 250r frame to a banshee frame :wacko: know matter how good your welds look that would be some hack shit. with all the time in cutting, welding,grinding, measuring,and bending you could make a whole new frame. outlaw chassis is the only way but please post pics if anyone does do this :dance:

with all the trouble you would go through cutting frames, rewelding them, making sure there lined up properly,and running the risk of messing them up, u can take the 250r/400ex frame you where going to cut in half, and fab up some new motor mounts, plastic mounts (unless you want it to look like a 250r?) and get some 250r parts and put it together like that ofcourse this would prolly cost more but me myself i think this would be easier and safer

Both options will have their own difficulties. Is there really any less fab work doing an engine/plastic swap vs. a front end swap? You're still gonna have to line up the engine correctly. Add into that a possible custom exhaust, all honda parts, etc. and ur looking at alot more money! Front end swap u just have to jig everything up straight and replace just the front portion of the bike w/ honda parts. Really I think it would come down to what you have available. If I had a 250r or 400ex roller I'd be up for the engine swap idea. Since I've got all the banshee parts I need and just need a broken EX frame and front end...