Suspension comparisons - 450's 100% better?

DieselTech

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just little info:  You see manufactures like  walsh/pep, roll/elka etc... Well the a-arms are actually designed around those shocks... Like  my axis are 19'' so I run JRD.... Elkas are 20''... Some are 20 1/4''...  PEP are 19 1/2'' etc...

Mike

493744[/snapback]

Still though, you can use a front TCS w/ any brand of arm as long as it isn't LT. Same w/ Axis, Works, Elka... Actually I take that back, occassionally you see arms that were designed around a remote ressy and they bump piggybacks. Other than that, there might be a c-hair of performance loss, but not anything that most riders would notice.

Still though, you can use a front TCS w/ any brand of arm as long as it isn't LT.  Same w/ Axis, Works, Elka...  Actually I take that back, occassionally you see arms that were designed around a remote ressy and they bump piggybacks.  Other than that, there might be a c-hair of performance loss, but not anything that most riders would notice.

493784[/snapback]

Matt.. that was just a general piece of info about LT shocks.. I should've clarified myself..... we all know that LT and banshee don't go in the same sentence :cry:... With that being said... You can use ANY shock on ANY a-arm as long is it's not LT and for your mahine... If the arms are bumping the rezzies that's bad R&D.... By bumping the rezzys.. you talking about justing's custom creations arms?

IMO... TCS is the only people that care about 'shees anymore... Every set of aftermarket shocks I've rode on banshees in the past year have been tcs or badly setup others...

Mike

Damn.. I had derisi redo mine for something like 345$... I can't really remember since it was 3 years ago.... That seems kinda exspensive :confused: ... I bought a whole new rear elka from scott for 400$... Used shocks are reallly hit and miss though.. it's best off to know somebody that is pulling there's off... not too sure if I'd chance it on ebay...

Mike

ECATV is selling a used rear Axis on ebay right now. I was gonna bid on it but then I saw its only comp. adjustable. Called axis up and its gonna be like $500+ to respring/revalve for my weight/swingarm and swap it over to dual adj. I can get a rear axis dual adj. for $710 brand new so that rules that out.

Here's the Link!

ECATV is selling a  used rear Axis on ebay right now.  I was gonna bid on it but then I saw its only comp. adjustable.  Called axis up and its gonna be like $500+ to respring/revalve for my weight/swingarm and swap it over to dual adj.  I can get a rear axis dual adj. for $710 brand new so that rules that out.

Here's the Link!

494205[/snapback]

I'd buy it for that price... The way my rear link is setup on the hybrid, the rebound is valved into the shock already.. b/c at the time by quad was built JRD wasn't making LT swingarms... it's a LT type link setup.. gained about 2'' of travel over stock.... IMO the average rider can't even take full advantage of the rebound adjust anyway... unless your blasting through stuff at 4th gear plus, you wouldn't ever notice...

On a good note.. that shock is coming from a reputable shop.. so the hit n miss theory is out the window :headbang: ... ECATV built my hybrid...

EDIT: I breezed right past the part where it said it was a single rate.... fuck that..

Mike

i just tested mine out this past weekend 24mar06 and they are awesome, i was haulin ass and came up on like a 6-8 foot straight drop off, i locked up the brakes, but i still flew, landed it nicely, with the stockers i would have been over for sure, plus the jumping is way better, and they are not streching my ball joints like has been posted,,, imo, buy them, you will love the results

the yfz450 shocks ,,,, just to clarify :cheers:

Edited by pimpeinkc

Somebody on here way back in the day had axis all the way around... hell I think it was walt.... I'm sure walt wouldn't run a single rate rear with as much as he knows about suspension... If todd can make the banshee rear a dual spring than anybody can... I argued with derisi about that for a good hour one day.. it can be done but it just doesn't look like it can b/c the rear shock is so damn short...

My New Custom Creations Arms seem to fit, I can't wait to test tehm out but I might have to wait till october, I have sceen other A-arms that look like they would have hit even worse.

I dunno about TCS being the only company who cares, I got just as good of customer service from elka whowere working with me to change to shorter resevoirs because of my problem. But it was better and cheaper to just change -arms. I'm not to happy with TCS at the moment but perhaps if I bug them enough they will fix my rear shock.

And I Disagree with the 450 doing everything better than the banshee other than going in a straight line...Maybe on a track but the dunes are another story.

A dual rate or self sagging spring on the stock size banshee rear shock would likely just make the rider lose even more travel but would likely be beneficial for an MX track, however a 450 would be better suited for that kind of racing.

Edited by Justintoxicated