Dumont

theeechozen1

Dumont is very compairable to Glamis.The dunes are more peaky,not roolers more to a point+then down again.It's also alot smaller with less people.I just returned from ridding both+i would personally prefer ridding Dumont.I have plenty pics of both,if someone wants to post them.

I know some people that go there. They say it's fun but nothing like the fun of Glamis. Some just take the trip for a change of pace. Others go there to meet with Vegas friends and family.

Spend some more drive time and go to Glamis.

While its NOT glamis... I will give my opinion. (for what ever thats worth) I'm moving to Vegas myself and have been to dumont 5 times in the last 2 months.

I've been to both Mother G and Dumont. Yes Dumont is smaller, but it makes up for the size in hills, bowls, and just kick ass riding. Since its smaller there are less people there (off weekend) Any big weekend will be chaos in either place.

What John was trying to explain above is its mainly Razors in Dumont where Mother G has a lot of rolling hills. I've had many people in the past tell me that Dumont is very dangerous and not for amatures. While I may agree with that I look at it as predictable. If you acknowledge that almost every hill you climb is a razor then you dont have to worry. Approach all hills as a razor and with caution. But once you get to know the area,,, Its hard to beat.

I'm not saying its better or worse than Mother G, but being that its 100 miles from Vegas... How can you go wrong? If your into the party scene, and actually enjoy hanging out with the crazies... then Mother G is for you.

Here are some pics from RF04 http://www.roostfest.net/images/ride%20trips/roostfest04/

While its NOT glamis... I will give my opinion. (for what ever thats worth) I'm moving to Vegas myself and have been to dumont 5 times in the last 2 months.

I've been to both Mother G and Dumont. Yes Dumont is smaller, but it makes up for the size in hills, bowls, and just kick ass riding. Since its smaller there are less people there (off weekend) Any big weekend will be chaos in either place.

What John was trying to explain above is its mainly Razors in Dumont where Mother G has a lot of rolling hills. I've had many people in the past tell me that Dumont is very dangerous and not for amatures. While I may agree with that I look at it as predictable. If you acknowledge that almost every hill you climb is a razor then you dont have to worry. Approach all hills as a razor and with caution. But once you get to know the area,,, Its hard to beat.

I'm not saying its better or worse than Mother G, but being that its 100 miles from Vegas... How can you go wrong? If your into the party scene, and actually enjoy hanging out with the crazies... then Mother G is for you.

Here are some pics from RF04 http://www.roostfest.net/images/ride%20trips/roostfest04/

492918[/snapback]

I think you're spot on with that. You guys rode like you lived there. I've NEVER ran 6th through dunes like that ever. Rarely did my bike see 3rd and when it did it was because I had to slow down a bit so I could cut across a flat to catch up.

:notworthy:

Stan:

Thats the difference with riding with prople that know the area better than the back of their hand. They make it look like its a walk in the park. I cant remember the last time I've been able to ride WFO 5th and 6th gear flat out..... God I'm gettin a woodie thinkin about it! :drool:

Even tho the major part of my move may be in the middle of June... I'm gonna do my best to make the St.A's trip. Even if I have to drive up for the weekend. (Yes I will drive 900 miles to ride the weekend! Your more than welcome to join us Stan!

Stan:

Thats the difference with riding with prople that know the area better than the back of their hand. They make it look like its a walk in the park. I cant remember the last time I've been able to ride WFO 5th and 6th gear flat out..... God I'm gettin a woodie thinkin about it!  :drool:

Even tho the major part of my move may be in the middle of June... I'm gonna do my best to make the St.A's trip. Even if I have to drive up for the weekend. (Yes I will drive 900 miles to ride the weekend! Your more than welcome to join us Stan!

492974[/snapback]

I'll try to make it even if its for a day. Its about 300 miles for me so its not too bad of a drive......if my truck is still kickin in June...... :unsure:

Hell, I might just rent a Ryder truck if I have too.

• 4 weeks later...

when I was living in vegas, I would go out to Dumont on haloween weekend, turkeyday, christmas/newyears, and presidents day... I usually would go on off weekends during spring and fall also, but I have only gone out once during summer, and it was just about miserable, night riding was the only way to go, and the A/C on my trailer wasnt good enough to bring the temp below 100 during the day... but dumont is where I have most of my time riding at. if you have a shee thats running, dont really matter how good, it will be able to make it up anything, dirt tires or paddles...

Lots of fun, but be careful on busy weekends out there, lots of people, and not a whole lot of room...