stuck in gear

Thanx guys...the posts helped also with this info and a Clymers i might as well tryand see whats wrong before i take it to some one i geuss. Well ill keep ya posted if ya want on my progress :D Damb theres not a cloud in the sky today i wish i was Riding :cry: also if i figure it out what tranyoil & coolant is good to use to fill it up?

Edited by savage420

Well i couldent see any thing wrong under the clutch cover, but i dont know whats right ethe.r My shifter goes down when i push down on it with no click and springs right back into place. When i pull up on it it dosent click ether but wont go up fully and kinda seems like its jamed up on the external linkage somewhere ,just cant figure out whats wrong if i dont know what it looks like when its right ya know .Does this make any sence :confused: ?Gezzzzzz i wish i knew people like you guys around here that know what there talking about then i would be all good :clap:

Edited by savage420

ok let me see if i understand when you try shifting it with your hand and you watch the shift star it doesn't stap over to the next notch on the star right?? Have made sure that the shifter linkage isn't pushed to the right side of the case too far. this will make it not make enough contact on the star and it won't shift just push on the linkage on the clutch side as far as it will to the left side of the case while trying to shift it with your hand. be careful not to pinch the shit out of your hand. oh and for the oil and coolant i use valvoline max life 10w30 but alot of people just use some atf and for coolant go get some antifreeze 50/50 will be fine just don't put straight water in it.

Edited by trex banshee

Just wanted to make sure that you never idle the banshee with the clutch pulled in for long periods of time and DEFINATELY do not hold the clutch in while rolling down big hills.

You don't do that right?

What happens when you pull on the clutch? Is the clutch working properly but the shifter won't engauge?

Edited by Justintoxicated

Just wanted to make sure that you never idle the banshee with the clutch pulled in for long periods of time and DEFINATELY do not hold the clutch in while rolling down big hills.

You don't do that right?

What happens when you pull on the clutch?  Is the clutch working properly but the shifter won't engauge?

490021[/snapback]

95% of the time i dont do that and my clutch works fine it just wont shift into gear up or down im thinkin mabay the shift drum stopper lever fliped around (can this happen).Also is the star soposto move or just sit there and how far is it soposto sit on there all the way?

Edited by savage420