stuck in gear

Hey i just got back from riding and when i shifted into 4th gear it made a little click noise and now its stuck in 4th gear but the shifter goes up and down still but cant get it into any other gear fuck god damitt what is wrong is my shit fucked up or what arrrrg ,why would it do this alof a sudden it shifted fine all day but then i shifted up and now its in 4th and cant get it out ?what do i have to do take it to the yammy dealer and pay out meh ASS?

What are my options on what to do

thanx in advance :confused:

buy a clymers manual on ebay and do the work yourself your motor will have to come apart to see whats wrong and it won't be cheap if you take it to the stealership

no it might not costing you anything mine has done this and so has a buddy of mine's i just took the sidecase off and the shifter lever had moved and it was just jammed up and i just pushed it back in place. so hopefully you will be as lucky as me!

no it might not costing you anything mine has done this and so has a buddy of mine's i just took the sidecase off and the shifter lever had moved and it was just jammed up and i just pushed it back in place. so hopefully you will be as lucky as me!

489006[/snapback]

Im hopeing man a guy said it might be my shift star poped off or somthing but if its what you said how did ya fix it ? :confused:

mine got stuck in gear once

the little screw that holds the shift star into place had come loose and was getting in the way of the lever moving very far

489098[/snapback]

Welll wtf should i do then im not mechanicly inclined and have know where to work on it.To the dealer i geuss

i dont really care if it cost me a bunch off $$$ cause ill know its done right

Welll wtf should i do then im not mechanicly inclined and have know where to work on it.To the dealer i geuss

i dont really care if it cost me a bunch off $$$ cause ill know its done right

489153[/snapback]

Shit man. Just cause you pay a dealer 4x what it should cost DOES NOT mean its going to be done right. I've never heard more than about 3 good stories from people taking things to a dealer to get it done.

What might be wrong with yours is what happens with mine from time to time. The shift shaft rides against the clutch case, and sometimes when that gets worn down the shaft can slip towards the inside. Mine will do it between 2nd and 3rd and thats all the gears that will work until I take the clutch side cover off, and wiggle the shift shaft as I push it to the left. You might just need a spacer, or someone to weld a little matierial on the case to keep the shift shaft in place.

At least, this was was wrong with mine with similar symptoms.

Shit man. Just cause you pay a dealer 4x what it should cost DOES NOT mean its going to be done right. I've never heard more than about 3 good stories from people taking things to a dealer to get it done.

What might be wrong with yours is what happens with mine from time to time. The shift shaft rides against the clutch case, and sometimes when that gets worn down the shaft can slip towards the inside. Mine will do it between 2nd and 3rd and thats all the gears that will work until I take the clutch side cover off, and wiggle the shift shaft as I push it to the left. You might just need a spacer, or someone to weld a little matierial on the case to keep the shift shaft in place.

At least, this was was wrong with mine with similar symptoms.

489183[/snapback]

I Hope man thats all it is and if the dealer fucks it up or its not right i wont pay them unlill its all good that how it is they should know what there doing

thanx man

I Hope man thats all it is and if the dealer fucks it up or its not right i wont pay them unlill its all good that how it is they should know what there doing

thanx man

489185[/snapback]

As far as what I think about Dealers, they are just that. They are there to sell bikes. Not to say there aren't good techs and dealers out there, but they are far and few between.

The worst run in I've had with a dealer's "mechanic" was when a buddy had a Banshee that was missing a few studs between the case halves from the factory. He took it to them, and they accused him of running the wrong oil in his engine.

WTF??? He had to point out the gap in the cases where the oil and shit was blowing out. Then they asked him what he did to it. He then had to tell them it was 3 days old. He did nothing to it. We picked it up on the way to the dunes.

When my buddy got pissed off at the "mechanic" he told us that the owners didn't pay him enough for people to stand there and call him a dick head. When we talked to a salesman about 15 minutes later after getting nowhere and asked for the owner, the salesman said "You just talked to him in the parking lot." Lying fucker didn't have the balls to own up. Told us he was the mechanic, not the owner.

We drop it off, and they take it apart, my buddy drops in to check it out and asked them to replace the bearings because there was sand in the bottom of the case. They told him no. All they were going to do was wash the cases out with kerosene and put the bike back together after they put the missing case studs back in.

Until the day that bike was sold, it was never "brand new". It had some weird noises, ticking sounds etc. We never figured out what it was, and we never really felt like bebuilding it. We just wanted to go ride :shrugani: He traded it for a YZ250 about a year later.

As far as what I think about Dealers, they are just that. They are there to sell bikes. Not to say there aren't good techs and dealers out there, but they are far and few between.

The worst run in I've had with a dealer's "mechanic" was when a buddy had a Banshee that was missing a few studs between the case halves from the factory. He took it to them, and they accused him of running the wrong oil in his engine.

WTF??? He had to point out the gap in the cases where the oil and shit was blowing out. Then they asked him what he did to it. He then had to tell them it was 3 days old. He did nothing to it. We picked it up on the way to the dunes.

When my buddy got pissed off at the "mechanic" he told us that the owners didn't pay him enough for people to stand there and call him a dick head. When we talked to a salesman about 15 minutes later after getting nowhere and asked for the owner, the salesman said "You just talked to him in the parking lot." Lying fucker didn't have the balls to own up. Told us he was the mechanic, not the owner.

We drop it off, and they take it apart, my buddy drops in to check it out and asked them to replace the bearings because there was sand in the bottom of the case. They told him no. All they were going to do was wash the cases out with kerosene and put the bike back together after they put the missing case studs back in.

Until the day that bike was sold, it was never "brand new". It had some weird noises, ticking sounds etc. We never figured out what it was, and we never really felt like bebuilding it. We just wanted to go ride :shrugani:  He traded it for a YZ250 about a year later.

489220[/snapback]

ok But about now this is my only option can i know no one around here that knows about workin on banshees. Like some back yard mecanic guy or a shop of some sort im just wanting to ride it and be all good ya know.

where are you located maybe a fellow hq'er can help you?

489245[/snapback]

I wish man that would rule but i live in B.C. Canada so im outa luck :(

seems most ly 90%of shee riders are in the usa.

all you have to do is drain your oil with a 17 mm wrench then drain your water by taking the radiator hose off the sidecase with a philips screwdriver. THen you can take your right peg off with a 14mm wrench and then take your rear brake master cylinder off with i think a 5mm allen wrench then pop the e-clip off the brake lever with a flat bladed screwdriver and then pull the washer and the lever off. next just take all of the phillips screws out holding the side case on and there ya go. just check out the shift star and the shifter rod on it this will be your problem. just make sure you remember where everyting goes to get her back together. and if ya need anymore help just keep asking :cheers:

Thers plenty of canucks on here just right a new post looking for one, I just shipped some stuff up to Canada for a fellow rider