HELP !

Ok, i just installed a vito's 404 big bore kit, then i realized i also wanted to put a 4 mill stroker so i bought that from vito's also. So i have the 4 mill stroker and the 404 kit in my banshee right now. I have v-force 3 reeds, cool head with 24cc big bore domes, k&n's right off the carbs, FMF pipes, and stock carbs. I just put a 340 main jet in it and it is runnin like crap. It idles just fine, but falls flat on its face when i get on it. Im thinkin im not gettin enough gas and might have to get bigger carbs ?? (also it seems liek the left carb is sucking much more air than the right but i did a compression test and both cylinders were equal.) Any suggestions would help greatly !! Thanks !! :headbang:

You running a spacer plate or cut domes for the 4mm? You will DEF. need bigger carbs with that setup. Did you get your vitos crank trued and welded? Get bigger carbs, then do the whole jetting thing over again. Did you even do a plug chop to check your jetting, or did you just put soem big jets int here and hope it was right, then try and romp on it? banghead

Ok, i just installed a vito's 404 big bore kit, then i realized i also wanted to put a 4 mill stroker so i bought that from vito's also. So i have the 4 mill stroker and the 404 kit in my banshee right now. I have v-force 3 reeds, cool head with 24cc big bore domes, k&n's right off the carbs, FMF pipes, and stock carbs. I just put a 340 main jet in it and it is runnin like crap. It idles just fine, but falls flat on its face when i get on it. Im thinkin im not gettin enough gas and might have to get bigger carbs ?? (also it seems liek the left carb is sucking much more air than the right but i did a compression test and both cylinders were equal.) Any suggestions would help greatly !! Thanks !! :headbang:

486358[/snapback]

I'd probably talk to Vito's about their recommendations for jetting. I'm guessing that 340's would be lean, but not really sure what your elevation and temperature is.

If you just used a spacer plate, your transfer durations are gonna be very high. If it were me, I'd probably take it to a reputable builder and see what their recommendations are to get the most out of your money.

If you purchased the 404 kit before the stroker crank, how do you plan on matching up port height/timing? You can make stock carbs work, but as Red stated, you are not even going to get close to the power potential out of it.

I saw a dyno comparison on one of the reputable builders websites that compared a cub setup w/stock carbs, and one w/34's or 35's, everything else being the same and there was like a 25-30 horse difference. Stock carbs just won't let enough air through.

Well i have the base spacer plate. I talked to vitos before installing everything and they said it would all work just fine. Also, I told them i was gettin the 4 mill stroker before they started the engine work. I have no idea how to time it :shrugani: , ive looked everywhere and have found nothing. Thanks !