tranny

banghead today i was out banshee running great, then i got stuck in 5, will shift to 6 just not down below 5, what is bad, and what do i need to tear down. I am ok with this just dont want to split the heads or cases. Edited by ranceego

I'm betting that you will have to split the case. I am somewhat new to banshee specific tranny issues (I haven't personally had to deal with any yet on any of the banshees I have worked on) but I'm guessing that it is either a shift drum or shift fork issue based on past experiences.

thanks for the reply, any body else, i guess ill have to split the case to find out, shit.

482189[/snapback]

Well, I would be pulling the side covers off first and seeing if it happens to be something easy before ripping into the whole thing. I honestly hope I'm wrong for your sake and that you will get away with an easy fix.

pull off your clutch side cover and take a look at the shift star the end of the shift shaft has a piece that sort of wraps around the shift star. the part that wraps around should not be stuck in the middle. if it is pull of your shift lever and push the shift lever end of the shaft into the motor. then push it back from the clutch side of the motor. reinstall shift lever and try shifting.

I had this happen 3 times one weekend. replaced the shift shaft and no more problems.

If you have a bent shift fork and have to split cases be sure to reshim 2nd

good luck