Gout

Anyone here have the medical condition "Gout". Its some acid in you blood that cristalizes and settles in you joints. kind of like Irthitise(sp) but way more painfull. I was just dignosed as having this shit! Ill tell you one thing, this is the most painful shit that i have ever had to deal with. I rode with broken fingers, hands and toes. And thats like a day in the park. When im at work and it start to hurt I have to leave. And all i do is sit on my ass all night long.

Anyways does anyone else have this? I sure would like to know what i can do for the pain that dosent require being doped up. Not that it is a bad way to deal with it. (currently dope as i type) I just cant be doped at work, or out riding.

i've got a buddy who has gout. Some of the things that will make it worse are foods like sweet breads, some meats (liver, seafood, red meat), too much alcohol, and aspirin. As far as what you can take to get rid of the pain, ibuprofen is supposed to work really well, since it is a pain killer and anti-inflammatory medicine. Your doctor should be able to give you a prescription for some stuff called Colchicine, which should also help take care of your gout problem.

Anyone here have the medical condition "Gout". Its some acid in you blood that cristalizes and settles in you joints. kind of like Irthitise(sp) but way more painfull. I was just dignosed as having this shit! Ill tell you one thing, this is the most painful shit that i have ever had to deal with. I rode with broken fingers, hands and toes. And thats like a day in the park. When im at work and it start to hurt I have to leave. And all i do is sit on my ass all night long.

Anyways does anyone else have this? I sure would like to know what i can do for the pain that dosent require being doped up. Not that it is a bad way to deal with it. (currently dope as i type) I just cant be doped at work, or out riding.

474973[/snapback]

BAH!

Theres a guy I run into at the gym from time to time that gets that. He takes some sort of meds for it, and its gone pretty quick. I have no idea what he takes or what even causes it other than he's in a lot of pain. :blink:

go to the doctors, they will give you a bottle of tablets.... they are mighty strong stuff, forget what they are called though.

a friend of mine takes them, his gout is caused by lack of alchohol.... hes not an alcoholic, he can just drink when hes in the mood. if he doesnt have some for a while he gets the gout in his knees and its fuckin bad!

tell the quack youv tried everything but need something strong that is deffo going to work.... he should sort you out. :cheers:

happy smoking! :headbang: