What does a boost bottle do?

I bought a white bros boost bottle of my buddy for $10 cuz they sent him 2, plus he gave me a set of brand new stock tires, it was well worth the deal... But I did notice a good difference after i installed it. right after i installed it the throttle responded quicker and and the powerband kicked in reliabily at the same rpm. I loved it. by the way my shee rejoined the living monday nite! very exciting times for this guy right here... :clap:

i run one just because during my rebuild i knocked my balance tube on the floor and steped on it and flatened one side. i plugged the holes and developed an air leak after two rides. the boost bottle was in a box of parts my step dad had given me. for the people that say they feel a differance or notice better throttle reponse. i believe that they really want to feel an improvement so them they do instead of admitting they got ripped off. it's like a sugar pill if you belive that it will work, it will.

Edited by fast500#12

No i honestly noted a difference, and when I try any new parts, i ran the bike for about 15 mins through different types of riding, hills, mud, straights, jumps. I changed the balance pipe out for the boost bottle, re ran the same things, same place same amount of times, there was a noticable difference. It wasn't a power gain by any means but with the way the engine responded to the throttle was definately changed. But everyone is entitled to their opinions...

I know this is a stupid ass question but I don't know what a boost bottle does.  Do they make a noticable difference?  How do you install them?  Any advice would be great cause I just bought one, thanks. :yank:  :yank:

474661[/snapback]

Ill buy it if you sell it..........I need More HP :bolt:

This is kind of a typical response I've seen on here, 98% of people will give you a :shootself: or :yank: or :rotflmao::jesterlaugh: when you mention a boost bottle. But my opinion is that most are repeating what they heard when they first joined the BHQ (new or old). Do I think mine gave me 5 HP more or even 1 HP more, probably not. Will I agree with sparkdic and say I noticed an improvement in throttle response, yes. Back when I got my boost bottle, my father and I had the exact same setup (to a "T", pipes, filter jets everything), and I had somewhat crisper throttle response after the boost bottle. Chase or countless others will give the typical :jesterlaugh: after this post. But hey, pick one up for $30, see if it makes a difference for you, and if it doesn't or you don't like it whatever, sell it to someone else for $25. For every person who says they are crap, they'll always be at least one person who will buy it off you.