D&D porting

05TWIN

D&D has some experience with banshees. I used to ride with one of the cousins in the family that used to work at D&D. He had a pretty hot banshee. His name is Dennis and last I knew worked at Nesco's in Gouverneur. Give him a call and tell him I sent you.

Chris

there are alot of different opinions/experiences connected with different engine builders out there. D&D seems to build a decent big bore Tripple Cat motor but they fall far short when it comes to twins. made big promises on thier 1147cc kit for 800/900 cat twin motors. for the most part they did not deliver. $5000 is alot to pay for a big bore kit that didn't work much better than a stock 900. thier 1010cc kits made less horsepower than stock.this is documented on a dyno in "american snowmobiler magazine " in thier trail sled shoot-out, a couple of years ago. in thier defense, there may have been upgrades to these kits since then that made some real horsepower.....maybe. I'd just be worried that my banshee would have the horsepower of a blaster when they got done with it. i would like to see some real #s by an independent tester before i made another purchase.

I'm in upstate NY. About an hour &1/2 north of Watertown. I'm kinda leery myself without seeing any numbers. My younger brother deals with them on his Cats. Thing is, he's got a '06 F7 snopro with their PAC system, y pipe, and clutching and I can wax him with my '04MXZ800H.O. which is stock, motor wise. The F7's are supposed to be giant killers and with the few mods he has he should walk me if these mods deliver the promise. My sled kills his everywhere though which leaves me sceptical. I guess I was just hoping they did better on Shees.

My younger brother deals with them on his Cats. Thing is, he's got a '06 F7 I can wax him with my '04MXZ800H.O. which is stock, motor wise. The F7's are supposed to be giant killers and with the few mods he has he should walk me if these mods deliver the promise. My sled kills his everywhere though

Looks like you answered your own question

As much as i hate to say you can't totaly blame D&D for the way your bro's sled is working.(although thier 1147 kits really suck!) .with the mods done to this sled(F-7) it should perform better. it should have the power to wax a stock mx800 at the very least . then again totally stock machines are really hard to find. with that said, chances are your brother's sled is making alot more power with the mods that are done to it than it had when it was stock.(if he has the fuel pressure dialed in to D&D's specs). Check to see where this machine is reving at WOT.it is important to find out what rpm this engine makes it's peak power, as this is the target you're shooting for. he's either reving over or under the point where the motor makes it's max power. to correct this be prepared to spend some time ;) with various clutch set-ups (helixs,springs and flyweights).if he bought a clutch set-up for a stock f-7 then his clutch calibration could be(and probably is) way out of wack.Companies that put together "clutch kits" can't account for evey individuals situation and they are aimed at a broad market. its up to you to tune the "kit" to get it to transfer the engine's power to the track. get some books on CVT clutching- Olav Aaen's clutch tuning handbook is a good place to start. although its a bit dated it is still very relavent. I break it out every year before the snow flies! if he wants some set-up suggestions p.m. me. Then again you probably don't want your bro dusting your mx800 with his little f-7 so this post is a waste of time. have fun booting his ass knowing he s wasting a shit load of power!!!!!