clear hoses

Polish

the clear hoses with the thread or rope criscrossed thru - out will work. I raced sprint cars with motor - cycle engines and that is what we used. never had any issues. It works pretty good and you can see thru the who coolant system if you got any air bubbles. Put some food coloring (which will not hurt the motor) and it also looks pretty trick!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you use factory antifreeze from an Acura dealer it is already blue and is excellent for banshee engines since the cooleant was designed for an all aluminum engines with a steel shim style head gasket :)

If you use factory antifreeze from an Acura dealer it is already blue and is excellent for banshee engines since the cooleant was designed for an all aluminum engines with a steel shim style head gasket :)

475716[/snapback]

good to know!......i was looking for blue antifreeze....(but didnt want to pay for blue Ice).........that will match my shee perfectly :dance:

• 2 weeks later...

My best guess would be to go to the previous page of this thread and click new age's link. Then somewhere on that page is their phone number or you might have to click another link to get to the actual number. Usually its a link that says "contact us" or similar. Might also find an email there too.

NO SHIT! I was actually wondering what the deal was with the sample of 5ft considering they sell in bulk and I dont need 100ft of hose and it was said that it was a sample and usaully samples are free, so basically Im just wondering if I can get 5 ft of the stuff and if I can how much is it, free or otherwise, then I will call the damn place and get some and then put it on and oogle my clear hoses. :whoa:

Here's a quote from Gleasm on the previous page of this thread:

get ahold of new age industries. Ask them for a sample in 5 feet. Enough to make both hoses. And they have a high temp hoses that should easily work. That what i did. Haven't run the hose yet, because i'm in the midle of remodeling.

Now go call new age industries. I dunno where you're at but for California the number is 877-851-0713. Tell them you're curious to get a 5 foot sample. At this point the guy on the other line will either say, "that'll be $xx" or "yes sir that'll be shipped right out free of charge". You'll have your answer. Seriously man...all it takes is 1, 2 minute phone call to get an answer to your question. Hell you can even come back on here and post your results! Its been 5 days now that you've been wanting an answer to whether or not the sample was free. When all you had to do is dial a toll-free number! banghead

Edited by Wallrat

I have the stuff from home depot, the re-enforced ones though, the guy at home depo said it will not work, but they have been on my banshee for 2 years now.

They will start to yellow after about 6 months though :( for like $10 you have enough hose to last for 2 years though if you change it once a year.

has anyone Tried Tygon tubing yet? Thats what everyone seems to prefer with liquid cooling computer systems (which don't get as hot but need to be reliable and flexable) but the extra thick tygon sure looks good and is stain resistant..

Edited by Justintoxicated

the sample was free... i didn't even call them.. just contacted them through e-mail and gave them my address. They wrote back and asked the size i was interedted in, and what i was trying to do. I wrote them back explained i wanted to use it on my quad for radiator and needed high temp stuff... the link brings you to the name of the stuff and ask for a sample of it. That easy. And for free... all you have to do if it starts to get cloudy... is call from your friends house and have a sample shipped there for you... FREE CLEAR HOSES.