7MM STROKER CRANK

Ya, stay away from the Yamaha stealer unless you need parts that are oem. You should contact one of the builders that are recomended by people on this site. They are recomended because a lot, and I mean a lot of people on here trust each one depending on which one they used. Plus the stealership couldn't do the work anyway even if they were a machine shop because the work wouldn't be in a Yamaha shop manual or on a computer :rotflmao: . I mean have you ever watched them give back change when the computer is down. Some are good to work with though and the others have reputations. Just be careful and my .02........... :cheers:

What other mods are done to your banshee...

I'd almost say stick with a 4mil crank, no case work to be done at all and only the heads need to be recut OR a spacer plate (removes the stealth factor...)

However, if you're into pure power and have already done all the other mods...you should seek out a reputable builder local to you or else found on this site or planetsand.com.

Good luck...there are PLENTY of people that build banshees...

My banshee is stock but i got plans because i want to dog a raptor and a ds650 but my first plans for my banshee is

1. buy some ported cylinders

2. pipes

3. bore 20 over

4. vitos super stock pistons

5. 15 teeth front sprocket

6. timing advance

7. better water pump

8. vforce reeds

9. head with mayber 20 or 21cc size domes for pump gas

And my second plans is

1.4mm long rod stroker crank

2. bigger carbs

3. better radiator

Pipes, jetting, advanced timing alone will dog that raptor, if it's stock.

Once you port it, it'll should beat either no problem, unless they got a ton of money sunk into 'em.

My mods (not much) are in my sig, and I smoked my buddy's raptor all day long with a K&N, Yoshimura exhaust, jet kit and 4 degree timing key.

And I mean smoked him bad...

I haven't raced any DS650...seen 'em. Heard they're pretty quick...but they've got to be heavy....

a 7mm crank is not needed. a good dune play drag port from a reputable builder would crush either of the bikes mentioned.i would steer clear of any vitos products.a port job pistons, carbs and reeds.you would stomp without a doubt any thumper.and it would be reliable as stock.no case trenching.start asking guys with grand river, passion, fast,a&s port jobs about their bikes.

I was going to say the same about Vito's pistons, Nyuk...I've read about a lot of problems with them. However, I've never used 'em...so, it's not fair.

Like Nyuk said, a piped, jetted and ported shee should rip the fenders off those bikes as you ride by.

However, in the tighter trails, the rappy might get you...the suspension is better than a shee. Albeit they have a very high center of gravity and feel tall,they still soak up the bumps and turns better.

You'll be fine with a dune port. The power comes on a little later in the RPMs, but...not ALL the way at the end, like a Drag Port would.

99shee..

I'm pretty sure you're going to need the 795 series pistons regardless...having the heads recut or the spacer is up to you...

Someone correct me if I'm wrong there...

check this out.. I guess i'm not understanding what it say's.. sound's to me that you dont need to replace the pistons or anything..

Vito's

BANSHEE 4MM STROKER CRANK 58MM SOLID CENTER PIN AND TRUED-NO MACHINING TO CASE NEEDED WITH THIS CRANK.INCLUDES STROKER PLATE FOR BASE IF EXHAUST IS LESS THAN 28 MM USE SP4MM PLATE. YOU CAN USE ANY STOCK PIN HEIGHT BANSHEE PISTON WITH THIS CRANK.')