Banshee Running Real Crappy (Need Help ASAP)

Infamous039

I dont know how to do a Leak Down Test. Can you please explain to me what to do and what to expect to happen while doing the test?????? I also have installed all new wiring and a CDI box and the problem went away for a second then came right back. I am at curtains with this thing. I dont want to take to the dealer but thats what I am gonna have to do soon, unless othe alternatives. PLease give me some more advice ????????????

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have the exact same problem man i tryed the same shit my right cylinder wont fire when idling but when i ride it, it seems to be alright but sluggish i also bought a new coil with no help it ran better when it was choked too. just like u i got pissed off so i took it to the shop to let them fuck with it i will post what they tell me

check all your wires starting from the stator all the way to the coil. Look for cuts, slices, bares, etc...

I had a major "firing" issue last year when I put my bike back together and replaced EVERYTHING in the electrical system, carbs, plugs, etc, etc, etc trying to fix it and it turned out to be a couple wires that were almost cut through. I had the same symptoms as you... generally. when I could get it to rev, it would spit out fuel from the pipes and the plugs were WET!

if a wire is cut or somewhow damaged, you will not get enough spark energy to the CDI to fire the plugs.

I know how you feel dude... banghead

-Tom

Ok I have installed a new stator, wiring harness, cleaned and adjusted carbs, new CDI box, new spark plugs, new coil. Still no help, but when I starve the left cylinder for gas by pinching the gas hose to the left cylinder it runs good. My compression was at 90lbs, so I took apart the top-end and will be replacing it this week with a Wiesco piston kit. The pistons that came out didnt have any scratches or scares on them and the cylinder look good also. i just cant figure whats going on. When I took off my head my right side was slightly wet with gas and left side was completely dry (where the domes are). When I change spark plug boots from side to side the problems stays to left no matter what??????????

I'm having the same problem with an engine I rebuilt.

I can't figure it out either. I replaced the entire electrical system. I replaced the cylinder on the affected side. I replaced the head. I replaced 3 sets of reed cages. I tried 3 sets of carbs. I tried new boots. I tried new intakes. I completely replaced the bottom end cases. I replaced all the crank seals (TWiCE)...

And it still does the same thing... The one thing I did not replace was the actual crankshaft itself. It is a brand new Wiseco hotrod crank though with the pins welded. I am however, going to try replacing that too.

If any of you guys figure out what's wrong with yours let me know. I suspect the new piston kit isn't going to fix your problem Infamous.

BG

I'm having the same problem with an engine I rebuilt.

I can't figure it out either.  I replaced the entire electrical system.  I replaced the cylinder on the affected side.  I replaced the head.  I replaced 3 sets of reed cages. I tried 3 sets of carbs.  I tried new boots. I tried new intakes.  I completely replaced the bottom end cases.  I replaced all the crank seals (TWiCE)...

And it still does the same thing...  The one thing I did not replace was the actual crankshaft itself.  It is a brand new Wiseco hotrod crank though with the pins welded.  I am however, going to try replacing that too.

If any of you guys figure out what's wrong with yours let me know.  I suspect the new piston kit isn't going to fix your problem Infamous.

BG

465868[/snapback]

Are you by chance using the same jets from one carb to the others?

Yes I am using the same size jest from one side to another. I am going to get the cylinders bored and change all my head gaskets, and change my crank seals also and see what happens, If that doesnt work at least I will have a new top end haha. But nah I guess I would have to take it to the dealership which is my last resort cause they expensive as hell. My bike has been down for 2months now and I wanna ride so bad. If you have any more advice please let me know????????????

Edited by Infamous039

I notice that someone mentioned a leak down test, someone else said "whats that?" the answer given- and then it was promptly ignored. This happens a lot when someone finds out what kind of a pain certain types of tests can be. But just about any bike shop can do a leak down for cheap; just get results only, and let them know that ahead of time. The incentive to perform various acts of sodomy will be reduced, and you can avoid buying all the leakdown equipment. They will probably find a bad crank seal in the test.- That's what my left side no-fire-problem ended up being (after I built the top end, replaced carbs, reeds, coils etc)- a $12 seal and 20 minutes to install.

Could be a variety of the things people are mentioning. Did it start after you elimininated your tors? If so try raising your left slide up a bit higher than the right by adjusting the nut on your cap. You can do this while it's running and you should hear a difference in the sound of your pipe. Anyways long story short my aftermarket tors removal kit was a piece of*%$# and had to do some minor adjustments If this work get back to me and i'll tell you how i fixed mine :cheers:

My bike was running good before this happened and the TORS were already removed. When I start it a thick cloud of white smoke comes out of the left side exhaust but the right side is normal. Could the coolant be leaking into the cylinder causing the lose of spark on that cylinder????? Could I even have a worn crankcase seal????????????

I have installed a brand new top-end with a 40 over bore. The bike starts on first kick, but left cylinder is still running horrible. When I starve the left carb for gas by pinching the left carb gas line the bike runs good. It seems as the cylinder is being flooded by gas which is killing my spark. I get spark when I have the plug out so I know it isnt electrical and when I swap the plugs no change???????????????