A great oil!

squish

Mobil 1 2T racing oil is great. I paid 6.99 at autozone for a quart. Great stuff. Just a tad cheaper than amsoil and it seems to run better. I notice a little better throttle response. Smells nice too. Kinda like someone is burning beans and wallnut shells. No smoke at all. Any way good stuff and cheap for synthetic oil.

Mobil 1 2T racing oil is great.  I paid 6.99 at autozone for a quart.  Great stuff. Just a tad cheaper than amsoil and it seems to run better.  I notice a little better throttle response.  Smells nice too. Kinda like someone is burning beans and wallnut shells. No smoke at all. Any way good stuff and cheap for synthetic oil.

459704[/snapback]

have you seen this oil at other autoparts stores? what ratio do they recommend? what ratio are you mixing it at?

Only Autozone I know of stocks this. You might be able to get it online. Or go to mobil 1 web site. Its not a thick concentrate like amsoil. On the back they recomend to follow manufacture rec. If it wasnt for the red dye they put in it consistency of water. I run at 32:1

I've been trying to tell you guys. :D:P I've used this stuff for a few years now, works great. I mix it at 40:1. Yea autozone is the only place I know to get it. Any parts place that sells Mobil should be able to order you a case. Another good oil for those not wanting to drop the beans on synthetic, Conoco makes a 2 cycle oil called skat. Most excellent stuff and I would put it up against any other dyno oil on the market. One of the main things to a good 2 stroke oil is it's purity, meaning what percent of refined oil is made of impurities. The more impurities you have in an oil the more residue it leaves behind once burned. Synthetic oil is almost 100% pure. Your Conoco oils and a few select others have the purest base oils made. They are as clear as water after refined. That's why I have always said to stay away from your Yamaha, Honda, Maxima oil etc.. They don't make the oil, they hype them up, charge you more money to put their name on it and we would be better off doing a little research and buying a "major" branded oil. Additive packages is another subject of its own concerning oil quality but is the 2nd most important aspect of an oil if not the 1st. I won't touch bases on that here, as bad as I would like to. But just know there are additive packages that perform like Ferrari's and some like VW beetles.