Brokeback Mountain

I agree with what some people have said. Right or wrong doesn't enter into it. Do whatever you want but don't force shit onto other people. I feel that way about every opinion, whether its homosexuality, politics, or even religion. Granted its a movie and can easily be skipped by those totally uninterested in the theme, but selling it as this huge hit that everybody should see? Please! I for one hope the move tanks. Not cuz I'm against people being gay, but because its retarded how hard hollywood is trying to sell this movie. Felt the same way about Passion of the Christ. Sell it all you want, I'm still bored as fuck with the idea of watching it.

Edited by Wallrat

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with what some people have said.  Right or wrong doesn't enter into it.  Do whatever you want but don't force shit onto other people.  I feel that way about every opinion, whether its homosexuality, politics, or even religion.  Granted its a movie and can easily be skipped by those totally uninterested in the theme, but selling it as this huge hit that everybody should see?  Please!  I for one hope the move tanks.  Not cuz I'm against people being gay, but because its retarded how hard hollywood is trying to sell this movie.  Felt the same way about Passion of the Christ.  Sell it all you want, I'm still bored as fuck with the idea of watching it.

456854[/snapback]

Exactly. I don't really care what my neighbor does as long as it won't infringe on my rights as an American or a human being, that he isn't depriving someone else of those rights, and he generally leaves me the fuck alone.

There was a "parade" in SLC this summer, and some of the people in the parade were men wearing full make up and dresses n shit and when interviewed by the people in the tv, one guy said "We are just doing this to let everyone know we are here."

The whole time I was thinking WTF? Why is this news worthy? Why do I need to know you're here? Who are you and why are you so important?

When I see a dude in a dress wearing make up, or some guy in assless chaps with a dog collar on its kinda hard for him to blend in with everyone else anyway. I'm going to know he's in the general vicinity.

Then another one said "We are just like everyone else"

Yeah, except I'm getting ready for work, and you're spending the day in womens panties walking around Main street producing nothing and clogging up traffic.

I figure if they are willing to put it all on display, I have every right to criticize it, accept it, or reject it.

The same goes the other way. I put some thing out and someone doesn't like it, then I have to accept that fact, not try harder to force it on them even more. The only person I have control over is me. I have no desire to control anyone else, or make someone else think the same as me.

I guess, some people ride Honda, some ride Yamaha, and a few ride both. :shrugani:

Yea 04le,chill out bud, brooke is right

So.... whew... in summary.....  all hail satan and his army of hot lesbians, and Im going straight to hell when I die :shrugani:  :cry:  wit da lesbian army :cheers:

ps. great gay bashin' post there Demeonshee, really brings out the red in your neck.

One last thought.

Lets all get out of the trailer park for a night and go to the movies.... and see this brokeback movie. I wanna hear some movie reviews

457016[/snapback]

Wow, you chill out Meat. I'm sure most can see that you are the one who stepped out of line in this thread, but all is forgiven. I just don't understand why you want to try to take brooke to hell with you, since that's where you said that you are headed along with the "lesbian army" and since you said that Jesus would send her straight to hell..

Now you want to bash demonshee for bringing up a post to see what everyone thinks about this gay ass movie, and you want to suggest that everyone go see this gay ass movie? Yeah, ok you win Meat. Are you feeling ok? :huh:

What would the right wing conservatives say , they would run to thier bibles and start preachin that she\he can't have the basic rights every "normal" american has rights to. Marraige, adoption, legal crap concerning medical insurance etc etc...

Funny how you were the one to bring these issues up... <_<

Look at it this way, no straight male likes the thought or idea of gay'ness, but they are human beings and deserve every right that we non-gays have, that includes making movies and TV shows if they please, no one is forcing you to go to the movie theater, no one is shoving anything in anyones face, what your experiencing is called homophobia.

The basic rights we have as americans?.....you mean like" majority rules"?

well thats where we have the problem , currently the media is overiding public opinion and they are shoving it in our faces .

Homophobia would imply being scared of something... and its widely used to demonize people who think homosexuality is wrong ... again its because some people dont want tolerance , they want forced acceptance .

Funny how you were the one to bring these issues up...
and you want to suggest that everyone go see this gay ass movie? Yeah, ok you win Meat. Are you feeling ok?
Wow, you chill out Meat.

Im just havin' fun thats all. lighten up.

I dont see how you guys can get so fired up over shit that I write. I really rile a few of you up I suppose. But Im just keepin' you guys on your toes, thats all :P .

I always enjoy a good heated BHQ debate, but I dunno if I could stand chatting about homos and buttless pants for much longer. Yea, maybe i'll skip the gay post. Kinda lame debate anyways :D

I'm glad my post is getting so much feedback, we've got the religious perspective, carpet muncher perspective and the Meat perspective. But back to my original post for a second why do these guys need each other? They both have their own straight families and are sheepherders, if ass is what they want bah bah, I think what they really want is solely the cock in 'em or simply to be controlled by another. But then again I have no idea how the gay mind works. Got to wonder why would Heath Ledger want this role??? I would think this movie will do for him what Show Girls did for Elizabeth Berkely (isn't that her name? you know the ugly one from Saved by the Bell). Anyways this movie is supposed to be a runaway with the picture of the year and theaters are now refusing to play it. I think the gays are going weekly to keep the numbers up and it has almost surpassed the 100 million mark.