vito's needles or stock

my question is, are the stock needles better than the vito's one's....

i was just curious. a guy at the local shop told me not to use the needles.. but why are the vitos needles longer and maybe a lil fatter, also thayre purple...? any one....anyone...

Purple is good for at least 1 extra HP! Especially if it is paint or graphics (then it's like 5+). Seriously though, I haven't seen a set of the Vito's up close and personal, but I would guess they are a similar design to the Dynojet needles. With that said, some will say they're great, some say they suck, and others say they don't do anything good or bad. I run the Dynojet needles and feel they offer me more tuneability than the stock needles. My guess is the Vito's would do the same, IMO. I'm sure others will chime in with maybe a more specific answer, and opinions.

yes you remembered right.... they came in the kit...but, i was told the stockers are better...but that may be all hear say.....and the clip positions look the same.!

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

i was just wondering

thanks ppl..

i have used the vitos jet kit and i liked it i n the past , the needle is thinner and longer this is too richen your midrnage circuit ,it is useful on piped filtered and otherwise modifed machines. if your stock needle is too lean in the midrange and is out of adjustments ,yo u are surley missing out on power. :bolt:

i have used the vitos jet kit and i liked it i n the past , the needle is thinner and longer this is too richen your midrnage circuit ,it is useful  on piped filtered and otherwise modifed  machines.  if your stock needle is too lean in the midrange and is out of adjustments ,yo u are surley missing out on  power. :bolt:

454182[/snapback]

Sound right on to me. The stock needle will definitely give you a leaner midrange in the same clip position as the aftermarket needles, and thus as Rocketboy mentioned most likely cause you to miss some power. You would probably have to go at least one position richer on the stock needle to be comparable to the Vito's in one position leaner (ie. 5th on stock to 4th on Vito's), plus the Vito's I'm betting has an additional position to allow even better tuning. My personal opinion is that you can probably make it work with either needle, but it comes down to personal preference, I just happen to prefer the aftermarket needles.