Need help with electrical problem

Ive just got married nov 19 so ive been pretty busy. My bike has been down for about 4 months now so I really want to get it fixed. What happened was I had my timing at +4 and changed it to +7. It rode fine and then the next day I started it up and then it just cut off like it ran out of gas. So I dont know what it could be. My lights had previously went out about 2 months before so I think that it could be my stator. I have a ohms meter but I am electrically iliterate. Please help me any way you guys can to check voltage on all electrical systems that may apply to my problem before I order something I don't need. Thanks.

Check all your connections per Wallrats recommendation. 1st off check for spark. How are you advancing the timing? Adj Plate? Key? Aftermarket Ignition? If you are using a plate or a key I would pull the stator cover and check the wiring, something could have come loose or the flywheel may have rubbed on a wire.

Mine quite like that once, and it was the stator. Replaced with Ricky 200watt less than $200 now i think. Ran good for years.

Then i was alos playing with timeing and an RZ flywheel, and i also did something, dont know what, but i lost spark. This was just a few months ago. I was building a stroker motor anyway, but I found out that up untill 96 there where more electrical issues with the banshees than 97 and up. CDI mainly i am told by the builder that built my 4mil. Anyway he will sell the late model electrical system for $200 everything except stator. (CDI, harness, switches, etc.) and will swap plugs on your stator for ya if you send it to him and will run it up to make sure everything works. Seemed like the fastest and easiest way to solve my problem.

Should be on the way back to me know.

Let me know if you want to contact him. Said he keeps alot of em on hand.