Flexible Wood Panels

I thought I saw some sort of wooden panels, maybe around 1/4" thick, 2 foot square that had 3/16" deep grooves about every 1/8" or so both along and across the surface. This made the paneling flexible along both axis, and its (I think anyway) used for making custom fiberglass work and custom archways in sheet rock work, shit like that.

Anyone here know what I'm talking about, and more so, where I can buy some?

:cheers:

Ask at any cabinet shop in your area, they should be able to hook you up. If you have a table saw or circular saw, you can make your own if you can't find it. Depending on what you are making, there is also a bending ply about 3/8" think (it bends in certian direction-lengthwise or widthwise, so order/buy accordingly) that works really well. We usually will attach first layer, glue up and attach second layer with just staples, once glue sets up, it does the real holding. The second layer really smooths out things. All depends on what you are building.

I've used this plywood product called wacky wood.It comes in 1/4 or3/8 4by8 sheets.It can be ordered to be flexible in either direction,not both.I used it for roof sheeting on eyebrow window roof frameing applications.Shepley Wood Products.Is where i bought it from,they probaly have a website.

doin some wood fabbin on the f4i stan?? :lol: i havent forgot about the clutch arm pics...ill get them...

448531[/snapback]

LOL

Well...I'm looking at building a positive and negative for either CF or fiberglass. I really don't want to have some sheet metal rolled/folded, then me having to bondo the fuck out of it, smooth it and paint it.