clutch

bick

If you are wondering why no one has replied in 4 1/2 hrs. to your question, I'll tell you- everyone is tired of telling the newbies to buy a Clymer's manual! Buy the book, read it, and if you still don't understand, then by all means post for help! The book details clutch adjustment ad nauseum, every which way and back. I get annoyed at having to look up specs for lazy S.O.B.s and I guess this post reflects that.

Edit: sorry for my pissy attitude.

Edited by ssanddemon

I dunno why sanddemon has to be such a crusty bitch, I joined BHQ to give/recive info for a sport/ hobby we all love...thats why we join and pay money...calls U a newbie..lol its a clutch adjust not Quantum physics...ha "specs" he says...lol

Anyway now that I've vented...to adjust the mechanisim itself fully losen the cable in line length adjuster jamnut and screw in the adjuster until tight (@ the lever) then your gonna have to take off the clutch cover, then losen the the adjuster locknut on the pressure plate, then bring the point on the push lever (ontop of the crankcase) to the little mark on the crankcase and tighten the jamnut. Turn the mechanism adjuster (in the middle of the pressureplate locknut) in until resistance is felt, then back out a 1/4 turn and tighten the locknut.

set up your freeplay at the lever and your off!

See sanddemon that wasn't so hard :cry:

now when someone dose a search they'll find this!

Have fun bick :bolt:

By the way she-male, the problem I have isn't with helping out, it's that people SHOULD have the book. If they are too lazy or cheap to buy one and just expect someone to give up time to give detailed instructions on basic repairs, it is no fun to anyone, it's just drudgery, slogging thru the same easy stuff with each new guy who doesn't want to pony up for basic info and specs.

By the way Bick, I'm not trying to heap this all on you.

heh...your 3 posts were longer then theN my REPLY TO BICKS VALID QUESTION!, and you talk about "wasting time" is there no end to your hypocrisy :confused:

First I'm a bitch, now I'm a hypocrite? You are a real nice (guy?) she-male! Yes, my post was longer than the repair instructions, but that's not the point. I don't mind helping people AT ALL. But I check out HQ for fun - not work. And it sure is FUN making FUN of you. :P

• 4 weeks later...
By the way she-male, the problem I have isn't with helping out, it's that people SHOULD have the book. If they are too lazy or cheap to buy one and just expect someone to give up time to give detailed instructions on basic repairs, it is no fun to anyone, it's just drudgery, slogging thru the same easy stuff with each new guy who doesn't want to pony up for basic info and specs.

By the way Bick, I'm not trying to heap this all on you.

443969[/snapback]

that's my first piece of advice to anyone- buy a clymer's. then if you need additional help bring it up here. i like to help those who try to help themselves first rather than be cheap and lazy and expect someone else to figure out their problems for them. if they never heard of the clymer's manual, it's understandable to search elsewhere, but clymer's is always my first recommendation, even before talking to a stealership shop monkey. B)