34 mm carb jetting

it's stolen

I need some help with a starting point for jetting my 34 mm carbs. right now mods are t5 pipes, reeds, k&n air filter with the air box lid removed, +4 timing and a very milled stock head(17 cc). Elevation is between 4000 and 5000 feet and right now temp is too friggin cold, about 30 degrees during the day. I am going to have the cylinders ported (dune port), remove the air box and install clamp ons and switch to 34mm carbs.I dont know if it helps but here is a link to the carbs on fleabay carbs

i'm at 3000 and ran 34mm keihin pj's with k&n pods, 175 pds compression, timing at +5 and used 38 pilots and 142 mains,air screws out 2 and a half turns and temp then was averaging 70 degrees.this may give you a starting point.i would probally go with 40 pilots and 145 mains air screws out 2 turns if i were you.keep check on your sparkplugs so that it is'nt burning to lean.hope this helps ya.

If you bought Mikuni TM34mm carbs, I didn't look at the e-bay add, but thats what I'm running. See my motor settup in the sig. You need to run about a 30 -35 pilot (I run #35, different style pilot jet than stock), you need to install about a P-8 needle jet orafice, some refer to it as the dump tube (thats what I'm running) and I run a 310 main (uses same mains as stock banshee carbs). The 310 main size I use isn't over rich at all, right on the money when I got it dynoed with the A/F sniffer. You'd probably be fine at around 310 + or - snce your at a high elev. You can order the needle jet orafice from Sudco.com, there about $15 ea. When I bought my carbs new they came with a Q-2 orafice which was way to rich. I run the same needle that came with the carbs. I have the stock TM34 needle # written down at home if you need the # to verify yours is the same.

If you bought Mikuni TM34mm carbs, I didn't look at the e-bay add, but thats what I'm running.  See my motor settup in the sig.  You need to run about a 30 -35 pilot (I run #35, different style pilot jet than stock), you need to install about a P-8 needle jet orafice, some refer to it as the dump tube (thats what I'm running) and I run a 310 main (uses same mains as stock banshee carbs).  The 310 main size I use isn't over rich at all, right on the money when I got it dynoed with the A/F sniffer.  You'd probably be fine at around 310 + or - snce your at a high elev.  You can order the needle jet orafice from Sudco.com, there about $15 ea.  When I bought my carbs new they came with a Q-2 orafice which was way to rich.  I run the same needle that came with the carbs.  I have the stock TM34 needle # written down at home if you need the # to verify yours is the same.

444164[/snapback]

ok I took my carbs apart and the needle has 6DH7 stamped on it. the needle jet orafice has P8 stamped on it. I dont have a screwdriver small enough to get the pilot jet out at work. does this needle number sound right?