Front end shimmy

nate_4027

I just recently purchased a 1998 model with widened a arms and rear axle. My problem is that when I get up into the higher speeds the front will start to shimmy. It appears that the play is coming from the upper a arm bushings on both sides where they bolt to the frame. I took them out and re greased everything and still had the same results but not quite as bad but still bad enough to where it needs to be fixed. The a arms do not have grease zerts. Any ideas would be appreciated, Thanks.

Have you checked to make sure ther is no play in the bushings, upper or lower, what about tie rod ends inner and outer. Next you may need to play with camber adjustments there are a few post in here dealing with it you will just have to use the search funct. to find. that would be a good start........................ :)

There's a few things that will cause that, causing those bushings to primarily wear.

1. wheel bearings. Remove and replace.

2. ball joints/heim joints on a arms. Replacement depends on your a arms

3. a arm bushings themselves. replace from a arm manufacturer or Yamaha

4. wheel balance.

Mine shakes on the left side. Only pinned in 6th. Looked at it, and the wheel bearing is loose. Never been replaced, so I guess it's time.