Best Spark Plug for a twin 350 shee

twin 350

If you want the highest quality plug then go with BR8EIX.

I don't know why someone here said to use a BR9EIX, as that is the wrong heat range; the 9 in that string of number/letters signifies the heat, and the higher the number the less the heat; it is supposed to be BR8 not BR9.

BR8EIX is the best plug I know of, and they run about $8.00 or so. The IX at the end stands for being IRIDIUM.

437613[/snapback]

You're supossed to run a colder plug when your timming is advanced, which also goes hand and hand with higher compression and octane.

I've tried all of the NGK's listed so far and I found my shee likes B9EG's the best :confused:

and just like the hoes, shee gets what shee wants <_<

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The BR8EIX is the best plug but i used a NGK B8EV back then,it was a bad ass plug,too bad they don't make them anymore :( .

461618[/snapback]

Yup they don't make the b8egv any more,but there are tons out there.BR8EIX is the new replacement.most auto stores around here just carry the BR8EIX.The sport shops carry the b8egv's.

the irridiums suck i have tried damn near every ngk plug known to man and the platinum bgegv are the best i have used thsu far .sure the irridiums last forever and start easier and so fourth and i was really gung ho about them till i started to really tune my bike and realized they have a topend sputter that was clearly not the jetting and thsi is confrimed on my other bikes too ,they are made for sports car automobile ignitions like porsche and lamborghinis etc. the b8egv is next best thing with tiny electrode , but it doesnt have the erratic spark kernal at top rpms like the eix ones do. there are many members on here that have witnessed/experianced this problem with eix plugs . br8es are same quality and performance like b8es ,its pointless to ru n a b8res for the resistor when the stock plugs are designed with a resistor built right in them ,a resistor doesnt burn any hotter ,it is solely to deter frequency interferance . the peeps who say run the br9eix do so because the irridiums burn hotter than es series and youll need one size colder plug which is a 9 series plug ,higher the number colder the plug ,you wanna ru nthe coldest plug you can ,youl lgain nothing by running a hot one like a b7es. platinum is the ansewer IMO

running a non resistor plug wont cause any problems with the cdi. its all about the frequency of interference, and cdi wont be effected. only things like radios, maybe cb's or something similar would be effected.

i personally run a b8es, and also run at 25:1 mix ratio. i have yet to ever foul a plug. come to think of it, im still using the plugs which originally came with my banshee when i bought it new at the dealer. i even let my banshee idle for 2-4 mins with the choke pulled halfway out before each ride to warm it up.

i will admit that i do keep 2 spare b8es's in my tool kit under the seat, just incase i ever do foul a plug, or meet someone on a trail who needs a plug.

if youre jetting is correct and youre running a plug with the correct heat range for youre preticular setup, you shouldnt EVER foul a plug unless you let it idle for hours at a time, but on a banshee thats a nono. you should not ever idle a warmed up banshee for any length of time greater than a minute or so. these things have no radiator fans and when idling, you are getting NO air flow through the radiator, well unless its windy outside i guess.

our quads just dont get enough use to actually wear out a spark plug. think about this, most cars go 30-100 thousand miles on the same plugs.