Winter top and bottom rebuild

icecold_shee

I have a 2000 banshee stock bore and stock port, t5's, v-force, 20cc, and +4 timing. I plan on sending my cylinders off to Passion in the next 2 wks for a hot duner port, as well as getting my crank trued and welded, i have never tore down a banshee motor so i am new at it.

My question is, what should i expect and are there any tips to make the rebuild easier and cheaper? Should i get my crank trued and welded, or go with a wiseco hot rods crank, will i be able to do the rebuild myself. My dad is going to help and he has built a few small block chevys, but not 2-strokes. This will be the first time so any input will help. Thanks

Edited by icecold_shee

Pull the motor out of the frame. Get a clymers or hanes to help you with torque numbers and directions. It's really pretty simple. I would go ahead and replace your crank, get a 4 mil stroker and have Jim port your juggs for that and have domes made for it.

ive thought about going with a  4 mil crank, but i do a lot of trail ridin, didnt know if it would suit my ridin style, and would it work good with the t5's and stock carbs for now until i can upgrade to some 33's?

436173[/snapback]

The 4mil crank will give you better bottem end, but why are you getting a dune port if you trail ride alot?

I just rebuilt my motor the other day, new crank w/Hotrods connecting rods and Wiesco pistions (std). Just about went for a powervalve but wasn't in the budget this year.One tool you'll need is a flywheel puller( to take on and off) and make sure you got your flywheel lined up w/ woodruff key when you reinstall. Most other tools are just your hand tools, others needed_ 1-1/4 socket and an air impact comes in handy, get the Hanes manual lots of info also covers the Warrior 350. Have fun :D