Rear Disc Brake

XTREMEH18

Hey Guys.... Quick question just order a new rear disc brake but can't get the old one off ? I tried a 6mm and it didn't come off, I'm about to strip the head on the bolt; and a 7 mm is too big .. need help fast ! Is the size metric, if so what size ?

Thanks ! I post pics later, I got a really tricked out rear skid plate for the rear and want you guys to tell me what you think ... :D

here are the pics !!

skid1.jpg

skid2.jpg

skid3.jpg

Tell me what you guys think ???

Edited by XTREMEH18

That looks gnarly! good work !

For the allen head take care because those bolts seize by the heat generated by the brakes (I suposse :confused: ) to me it was the same, If I remember well I hit the allen bolts with a hammer and a punch or something like that to unstuck them and then tried with the allen wrench and a tube in thye other side to make more leverage

Good luck!

BTW Nice banshee that cpis looks huge!

I had the same problem a few weeks ago. I soaked all four bolts with penetrating oil, which didn't seem to help at all. I finally bought some longer allen wrenches (they should be metric). I got three of them loose, but that last one got very stripped out.

I ended up using a cold chisel and a hammer to make a "notch" in the edge of the head, then gently tapped the notch with the chisel at an angle, from the side. To be honest, I was surprised I got it out at that point. I thought I was going to have to drill it out and use an EZ-out, which is never a sure thing.

I replaced them with hex head bolts with Anti-sieze on the threads, which should make any future maintenance a little easier.

Good luck!