im stumped on no spark!

ironhead

im stumped !ive changed coils,cdi,and i think i tested my stator right and that seams good.what my problem is,that i will get spark every 20 or so kicks if im lucky.ive gotten it running and ran fine for a little bit,but when i would shut it off i would end up with the same problem.what i dont under stand is if at was a loose wire y would'nt shut off wile i was riding it?any help would be great thanks

I had a similar problem not to long ago,  only would spark like one out of 100 kicks it seemed.  i replaced the coil, cdi,  and was about to do the stator.  I wound up disabling the TORS and it ran perfect after wards.    Is your TORS still hooked up?

434920[/snapback]

thats been unhooked for a long time . :headbang:

well it will be here friday!!!!i hope it fixes the problem,if not i guess ill have to spend some more time trouble shooting it over some more beers!

thanks for the help! :cheers:

434996[/snapback]

yeah i'd say stator/pickup coil or maybe in unisen with the flywheel by chance.

anyways let us know.

hey it runs!!!!! :clap: i well after i got the stator on and i didn't get spark a was really stumped because i had changed every thing(coil,cdi,stator).it ended up being the t.o.r.s plug ends.i got the bike used and that was already taken off,were they put the wires together was a caroded,one i cleand that conection up a finnaly got spark! thanks for the help!now its time to ride! :cheers: