is winter and summer jetting realy that important

the winters are realy cold so do i have to jett it for the winter

right now it is jetted for my pipes and summer riding

do i rejette it for the winter

what about performance

rejetting for the winter will it slow me down

what size of jettes should i use

the jetts i would put in if i have to would be 10 bigger than what i have right

if it is jetted for the winter what about summer riding will it kill the motor or somthing

also right now i run 32 liters of gas for 1 liter of oil if i rejette it do i change my oil gas ratio

Edited by yan

I had a buddy that jetted in the morning about dead nuts on... Later that night we went for a ride and said "man this thing is runnin killer". Well, it was but it was because he was dead on in the morining and when the temp. dropped down that night he was waaaayyyy too lean and ended up cooking his motor...

In short... yes, you do need to fatten up your jets during winter especially if you are dead on/lean to begin with... Hell, I re-jet in the morining and at night now if there is a big change in the weather while on the coast. I think the rule of thumb is something like 1 jet size per every 5 degrees of weather change or something to that effect.

Dont chance it... It only take about 5 mins to rejet.

Let me ask a question. I just bought my first banshee so I can ride the streets in NJ with my friends this year when it snows. My bike has been jetted for my fmf system and a few other mods. If I buy a jet kit can I change the settings on it or is it a one time deal? Can I save my old ones and put them back in next summer? What is the deal on Jetting as far as how many kits there are and and how much they cost because I have no idea. I need to learn this asap so I can do it myself? Does it realy only take minutes to change the jets?

I believe the rule of thumb is 1 jet size for every 15-20 degrees.

430656[/snapback]

That sounds about right...

Get yourself a clymer's book... It'll walk you through the process on how to change your jets... Basically it involves removing your carb, carb bowls, and replacing a little brass nut looking thing which is the "jet"and then putting it all back together, simple as that. Don't bother buying "kits" just buy what you need from any bike shop and yes jets are re-useable.