Polishing my Fatty...

'shee

I'm telling you look at the link I put in my last post, it states it clear as day. I don't mean to be an ass, but I did my research. The link is to a pdf document from FMF's site, and it specifically says that the Gold Series Fatty has a chrome finish on ATV pipes, dirt bikes do have a nickel plated finish. :cheers: Just check the link to amuse me. If I'm wrong I'll eat crow. B)

Since it appears that we need to start a pissing match... I have already been to FMF's site, that is why I attached the link I did. But to amuse you I went back to FMF's site to their FAQ's under, What does Gold Series mean. Hey what do you know it specifically states in there as well, that the Gold Series refers to the Nickel plating HOWEVER SST's and ATV pipes receive chrome plating. WHY will you not take the 2.5 seconds to go look for yourself. bangheadbanghead I have a feeling that there is a big serving of crow coming someone's way, and it doesn't look to be mine. P.S. I am not trying to be an ass etc. I just don't want to be discounted as some jerkoff, when I'm RIGHT. Not gloating, just fact.

call FMF then, they ARE nickle plated, and mothers works great on nickle plating.

NICKLE NICKLE NICKLE.... :bolt:

When I bought them I thoght they were chrome also but nope....every time you polish you remove some plating and eventualy they will start to rust. but hey you gotta do what you gotta do. my only complaint with the Fattys and that the pipe springs slightly rub on the pipes and that they are nickle plated.

Maybe they chrome their 4 stroke pipes but the Fattys are DEFINATELY Nickle plated, it's easy to see the difference.

I have sceen chrome fattys before and theres no way they came from FMF that way they looked DAMN good and I was jealous. They have however improved their nickle plating since I bought my set.

Anyone want to buy some Fattys?

Edited by Justintoxicated
  • Like 1

Since it appears that we need to start a pissing match... I have already been to FMF's site, that is why I attached the link I did.  But to amuse you I went back to FMF's site to their FAQ's under,  What does Gold Series mean.  Hey what do you know it specifically states in there as well, that the Gold Series refers to the Nickel plating  HOWEVER SST's and ATV pipes receive chrome plating.  WHY will you not take the 2.5 seconds to go look for yourself. banghead  banghead  I have a feeling that there is a big serving of crow coming someone's way, and it doesn't look to be mine.  P.S. I am not trying to be an ass etc. I just don't want to be discounted as some jerkoff, when I'm RIGHT.  Not gloating, just fact.

433294[/snapback]

Yea your right, it does state that, no doubt. Unfortunately that statement does not include the gold series fatty for the banshee. I just got off the phone with FMF just a little over an hour ago. Matt said they are nickel plated. You can't always believe everything you read. I've owned them I know what nickel is versus chrome. They were nickel. Save us the trouble and call them and find out for yourself. The fact is, no matter what you read, the FMF fatties are nickel plated!! They never have been chrome and they still are not chrome. Did I mention they are nickel plated?

Funny you should mention that... cuz I just got off the phone with FMF, and they said that Fatty's for a Banshee are DEFINITELY CHROME PLATED. You can all call them if you like @ (310)631-4363. I just spoke with a very pleasant lady, who confirmed the two sources I already sited as those pipes being CHROME for a Banshee. God Damn, nobody but me will take initiative to check their info. At least it's good to be right. Somebody else, other than me should check it out so I can show the world. (Now I'm starting to be an ass, because nobody will check but me, and everyone says I'm wrong, well EXCEPT FMF).

Funny you should mention that... cuz I just got off the phone with FMF, and they said that Fatty's for a Banshee are DEFINITELY CHROME PLATED.  You can all call them if you like @ (310)631-4363.  I just spoke with a very pleasant lady, who confirmed the two sources I already sited as those pipes being CHROME for a Banshee.  God Damn, nobody but me will take initiative to check their info.  At least it's good to be right.  Somebody else, other than me should check it out so I can show the world.  (Now I'm starting to be an ass, because nobody will check but me, and everyone says I'm wrong, well EXCEPT FMF).

433300[/snapback]

Don't tell me you talked to the secretary that answers the phone. She asks how may I direct your call. Ask for a techniciain!!! :shootself:

Gee, glad I asked to talk to someone in Tech Support, and she said okay one moment I'll transfer you, then the lady that answer the phone said "FMF tech...". At this point whatever, I know what I polish my Toomey's with and if FMF's tech articles and people are right that is what I would polish the Fatty's with. But if they aren't f%#* it. I'm tired of people assuming that I'm some jackass, who doesn't know how to check out my shit. True I've never owned a set, and I was going by what all the FMF tech articles and tech support people had been telling me, trying to pass along some help to an HQ'er. :cheers:

Platinum Pipes = Nickle

Standard = Chrome.

I run Platinum.

My buddy runs Chrome.

Both are Fatty's.

RJV.