I'm in a bind--HELP

I did a clutch installment,been there done that before,some how after a short riding period the nut came off the threaded bolt that goes through the pressure plate and it's no were to be found,is there any possible way for it to get through to the tranny??????????any ideas would be great

Thanx

I haven't tore into a banshee motor in a few months, but just going from memory, I don't think there is any way for a nut that big to get into the tranny. It's got to be in there somewhere. I also doubt that it could have been ground up to the point where you couldn't find it. If it was, you would see metal all over the place in there.

come on you banshee brainers give me some help here!!!!!!!!!!!!!

421994[/snapback]

If you are that worried, split the cases and check to be sure. Better safe than sorry man. If I lost a nut like that and was afraid it went into the tranny, I would split the cases that day.

I just looked at a spare lower end i have on the bench.There is no way for that nut to get into the tranny if it is still the original size,not all chewed up.The oil passages are to small for it to enter.That nut has to be somewere in there.Keep looking you'll find it.