What Mods to do?

Nitmare67

Ive been reading alot of information on this site lately tring to decide what i want to do and figured why not ask. My current combo basically runs at the same speed in a drag race down the street as my friends stock yfz450 and i would really like to spank him lol. This is my combo

2002 Banshee

Fresh .030 over top end maybe 3 hours on it

Boyseen Dual Stage Reeds

T5 pipes and silencers

Jetted with Toomey jet kit. Stock pilots and 280 mains basically

Open air box with a 2 element uni air cleaner

Stock gearing everything else stock

Ive thought of having porting done but would rather just stick with bolt on parts for know besides i can use all those parts later when i do have things ported and steped up a notch.

Ive heard the V Force reeds are really great and so are the Noss Machine heads. Also i hear that advancing the timing seems to help alot. Are all these mods going to make a pretty noticable difference though. Im the kind of person to do them all at once. I want to run premium fuel though i could maybe swing running 50/50 if its really worth it but rather save the money gas is already enough for my truck! Just want to have a few more hp to spank the yfz haha. Thanks guys

Come on guys im sure somebody has these mods. Im just wondering how worth while all of these mods will be together. I figure a good port would be killer but I want to save that till maybe next season and do the bottom end along with it. Its already gettin to prime riding season dont want to start a huge project now. Thanks alot

Porting is the way to go from what I read here on this site. I in same situation as you. I want to wait till winter till I tear the shee down. Get a ricky adj. timing plate and get a 15 front tooth. that will run about 75 bucks. he might stay with you till about 4 but say by in 5,6.

with pipes on your banshee you should already be spanking your buddy...you need to pratice your holeshot and learn when to shift.

ricky stator timing plate, lighten flywheel, v-force, and noss head, awesome boltons.

eric gorr porting is cheaper than all those bolt ons, and makes more power.

fast turn around also, sent my jugs in and had them back in 2 weeks :bolt:

That sounds about right with how your running with your buddy's yfz, although with some work you should be able to take him out if his is totally stock. You can see my mods in my sig, basically the same as yours, no airbox... when I ran a buddy on his yfz over at the dunes, it was dead on. He had done a K&N filter, jetted it and gutted his factory silencer. I had everything, less that Ricky Stator timing plate, oh yeah, and I had a 13 tooth front sprocket. I would recommend the timing plate, only $45 or so shipped to your door, and short install time. Right off sounded more aggressive, and made a noticeable difference. Porting and head are next for me too. If you want to wait, and stick to bolt ons, go with a timing plate. V-Force reeds are supposed to be killer, 3's seem to be in higher standing now, but 2's still have a strong following. Helps, mid a fair amount apparently. If you don't ride in water, think about ditching the airbox and running some kind of K&N clamp on or the 2:1 UNI that Toomey offers. :bolt:

how much for the eric gorr port job,

does this helps with low end , i mianly ride trails, but still make occasional trips to the dunes, so would still want my top end, how would his port job help?

421789[/snapback]

$250 if you don't need a top end. power comes on sooner revs higher, and pulls harder throughout.

ericgorr.com

good luck

:bolt: