How do you know how much to adv on timing?

01bansheefox

4-5 degress advancment for a mild to dune/recreational drag ported banshees and often guys will go up to a 7 +degree on more heavily modifed setups such as cheetah cubs and or bigbores ,strokers. the stock ignition timing is setup to spike at a lower rpm than what the motor is now capable of with higher port timing numbers and performance mods,so basicaly stock ignition timing is designed for a stock banshee with 25lb french horn pipes :cheers:

4-5 degress advancment for a mild to dune/recreational drag  ported banshees and often guys will go up to a 7 +degree on more heavily modifed  setups such as cheetah cubs and or bigbores ,strokers. the stock ignition timing is setup to spike at a lower rpm than what the motor is now capable of with higher port timing numbers and performance mods,so basicaly stock ignition timing is designed for a stock banshee with 25lb french horn pipes :cheers:

419210[/snapback]

Aftermarket ignitions...? $$$? well worth it?

Were you running +5 with the T5's without porting. I haven't had any port work done... YET. But I've got a ricky stator timing plate that should be here by Thursday. Trying to figure out if I will be making a difference advancing the timing now. Even if not, I can always set at 0 degrees until I get the porting done.

4-5 degress advancment for a mild to dune/recreational drag  ported banshees and often guys will go up to a 7 +degree on more heavily modifed  setups such as cheetah cubs and or bigbores ,strokers. the stock ignition timing is setup to spike at a lower rpm than what the motor is now capable of with higher port timing numbers and performance mods,so basicaly stock ignition timing is designed for a stock banshee with 25lb french horn pipes :cheers:

419210[/snapback]

Well said.. :cheers: