Silverado

jadaven

Looking to do some modifications to my truck. Anyone know the stock size of the throttle body on a 2000 chevy silverado 4.8 liter? BBK makes a 80mm throttle body,just wondering what all I can gain from changing it out and what I would be changing from. Thanks. :cheers:

Looking to do some modifications to my truck. Anyone know the stock size of the throttle body on a 2000 chevy silverado 4.8 liter? BBK makes a 80mm throttle body,just wondering what all I can gain from changing it out and what I would be changing from. Thanks. :cheers:

418851[/snapback]

Go to www.gmfullsize.com It's a website just like this and it's dedicated to nothing but all kinds of gm trucks and SUV's the registration is free and htere are some very nice rides. Any question you have they can answer performance products and links out the ying yang........My name on that site is Handyman.....just like it is here.

Sweet Dude, I'll be checking it out. I'm just looking to get some extra HP and

MPG out of my truck. I just ordered the K&N 77 series intake and some other stuff.

looking at a new MAS, and throttle body. I cant wait to see what all i can get out of the o'l beast.

go buy a programmer for you ecm, that will get you the most gians for a cheap price. plus it will alter the shift points on the trans. i think they are like 300 bucks. trust me, i wrenched for gm for 12 years. MASTER TECH. you can do all you want to the truck, but until the ecm alters the fuel pulse timing and spark timing, all that crap wont do any thing for you but empty your wallet! as far as a bigger throttle body all that does is let more air in.it has no effect on injection pulse.