Street Legal question

QuadMX

Alright. I've heard a few different things already, and instead of utilizing the "search" function I'm just gonna ask what's probaby been asked a million times. To ride a quad on the streets, do I need to get a Class M drivers license? I was told at school I needed a bike license, but on this webiste I found it says "You must have a class M driver license for a three-wheel ATV and a class D driver license for a four-wheel ATV." So before I get to the DMV tomorrow I'd kinda like to know if anybody out there already knows off the top of their head. Also...still looking for a trailtech speedo and some stock tires (front and rear) on rims. If anybody has any usefull info, I send you a thanks.

Later

Bob

It has to meet the req for a 4-wheel motor vehicle. You need no special classification.

A few other things you will need.....

Nerf bars-side impact protection

Turning signals-front/rear

Rear view mirror

Horn

Lights with high/low beam switching

DOT approved tires-stock tires will not cut it

Insurance

Bumpers

Stock tires will cut it...Specs on the sheet I got from the DMV says nothing about tires. I don't need turn signals either, but I'm gonna get them just cause I don't wanna have to do hand signals. Nerf bars are also not needed, but I already have them from racing so they are on there. Brake lever and lights too. I already know what I need to make it street legal...I'm just asking about the licensing portion if anybody knew. Thanks though.

Bob

Sandstar...You get yours street legal or somethin? I'm just wondering about emissions. It will NOT be easy to pass emissions with a banshee. One guy at school said it's impossible to street legalize a 2 stroke, but I dunno if I believe him cause one of the instructors said he's seen them ridin around on the road, comin to school and such with them even. The thing you said about a Maricopa cop tellin you that...Did he say you need a motorcycle license for it? I'm still confused about that. The DMV says I SHOULD have one...but it's not required...Kinda messed up. Anything else you know?

Later

Bob

in missouri the emission crap isint that strict there are several craptors on the road i talket to one of them once it hadsignals on it he had found somewhere that sold plates to put on his hubs and was running wires 15 inch wires iff his impala and he hea a squeze bulb horn like a bicycle he said his freind had a quadzilla legal but i havent seen it out yet