Xtreme powerlid by k&n

TSinclair

• 2 weeks later...
Dont waste your $.  You would be better off just running pod filters.

414510[/snapback]

Pods are good if you keep them tight and don't ride in mud/water a lot.Same deal with the toomey 2into1 filter setup. A K&n lid looks like a pretty good investment if you ride in mud or water...otherewise just buy the pod filters :cheers:

By the sound of it your riding conditions are only going to allow you to run with the lid on. Having a K&N lid will still allow water into the box, which is most peoples biggest concern about removing the lid. I'd say you should also save your money, buy a K&N filter to put inside the box, run without the lid when possible and with when its wet... it will not make a considerable amount of difference either way. Make more horsepower out of the motor instead of the filter is your so concerned.

Oliver has a good point there.

The price of the lid is pretty steap,

You could do some engine work for the money if your concerned about your filter setup.

I'm running a powerlid and k&n filter.

absolutly great!, when washing the bike i make sure to put the normal lid on.

The powerlid with outerwear is not completly waterproof but works excellent in watery riding conditions.

+ cleaning the filter is really easy. my k&n filter in the box stays clean, all i have to do is clean the powerlid now and then.