What!?

QuadMX

Alright...I told some guys I was moving down here to AZ a month ago...How come nobody told me I can have a street legal quad here?!? I woulda had that shit done before I came, but now I find out and gotta go through the steps...Anybody wanna help with that? Also...Anybody in this area...I'm a bit east of Glendale right off of Greenway and I-17. If anybody is in this area it'd be kickass to meet up or somethin. So if anybody's got any suggestions on the street legal deal I'd really appreciate it. Such as...what kinda tires can I use, lights and shit like that. Later

Bob :cheers:

Alright...I told some guys I was moving down here to AZ a month ago...How come nobody told me I can have a street legal quad here?!? I woulda had that shit done before I came, but now I find out and gotta go through the steps...Anybody wanna help with that? Also...Anybody in this area...I'm a bit east of Glendale right off of Greenway and I-17. If anybody is in this area it'd be kickass to meet up or somethin. So if anybody's got any suggestions on the street legal deal I'd really appreciate it. Such as...what kinda tires can I use, lights and shit like that. Later

Bob :cheers:

413895[/snapback]

you must not have been paying attention. the topic was discussed numerous times over the past few months!

i know you can have a street legal one in idaho aswell my friend emailed the state and asked what is needed, all there is... is a sound requirement (96db) tires and turn signals and a head light that can be seen from 500 ft away and max width of something rediculous like 96 inches or somthin, oh ya and no freeway use :wacko:

Only laws here is At least 1 brake light that can be operated by hand or foot, Brake light, At least one but no more than two headlights that shine at least 500ft ahead, At least one taillight, visible for at least 500ft to the rear, At least one red rear reflector, if not part of the taillight, License plate securely fastened to the rear of the ATV, License plate light, Horn, audible from a distance of at least 200ft, Muffler in good working order and in constant operation (Muffler cutout, bypass or similar device is prohibited) Rearview mirror, Seat and footrests for the operator, Fuel tank cap, and it says If you live in the Phoenix or Tuscon areas you may also need to have your ATV emission tested, which I do...Not sure how easy it will be to pass that one, but I'm sure with stock silencers it shouldn't be too bad. I'm gonna get 2 kits, 4 turn signals with switch and the rear light/horn/mirror stuff for about 80 bux. Then a trailtech speedometer and a set of stock tires on rims. So if anybody has the tires or a speedometer they wanna get rid of hook me up. I'm getting pumped for this shit!

Later

Bob